Chapter 15

When Joe was in the hospital, he convinced himself that he wanted to know where Michelle was just to make sure she's okay. Well , he just wanted to know if she  wasnt just a figment of his imagination. When successfully completed his stay in hospital and could tell that he had his addiction under control, he intended to wait until Michelle decides to go home,  if she returned home. He thought that even if he knew where she was, he will still wait.

But now that he had the missing information, it was impossible for him to stick to the original plan.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Michelle couldn't sleep. At all.She  had trouble sleeping since she came here, but since his last appearance it was worse than ever.

Michelle sighed as she looked at her alarm clock. Her eyes burned, and she wanted to cry. She rubbed her eyes and lay staring at the ceiling.

Michelle sat down, took the phone from the charger and returned to bed. She huddled in a blanket and began to drive through the tabs. She lowered the volume and  watched older video, Joe's worst days, days after she left him, etc .. She looked at few more than clicked on a link that redirected her on their last appearance.

Michelle looked at it a few times and each time she felt as if her heart had burst. She looked at the clock. It was late.

But there was even later ...

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Joe groaned, cursing the damned thing he called the telephone. He put a pillow over his head and tried to ignore the ringing.Those who called him was relentless. He Finally  sighed and reached for him.

He yawned and rubbed his  face. From the other end no one answered the voice.

"Hello?" he asked after a while again.

"Hi," finally said soft voice.

That woke him up. "Michelle?" he said breathlessly, he cant that he actually hear her voice.

Another pause. "I miss you." she said.

Joe closed his eyes and his hand touched the place over his aching heart. "Honey," he said, "I miss you too. More than you can imagine."

He heard how she breathing deeply, trying to hold back sobs. "Are you okay?" she asked.

Joe swallowed. "Besides, my heart is miles away from me ... yeah, I'm fine." and said it still felt like it was not real. He had no idea what to do and what to say or understand that she really calling. "I'm clean and sober and avoid problems."

"It is well." He heard her hard breath . "I'm very proud."

"Come home," he said. "Please?"

"Joe ..."

"Please angel. Let me do things right. It will be different. I promise."

"Joe, I .."

"I swear Michelle. I   will  never  again hurt you. It will not be as it was once. I'll put us in first place. I know I could never make up for the things I messed up. But I will try. I screwed everything I know, but it was our past. We still have a chance for a common future. "

He heard her sobs that she tried to hide. For a long moment she was silent before answering.

"What if that  I was the problem  Joe?" she asked.

"What?!"

She swallowed. "What if all the bad things happening for me?"

"Honey you know that's not true. Not at all. I was on the bottom and on the wrong track long before I met you."