After all those years, I tried time and time again to get back to her. To get back to my family. There wasn't a time when I didn't think of them as I was trying to escape. At this moment, I wanted to impress her and make her know that I retained every lesson I learnt.

The look in her eyes told me that when we got home, I'd be going straight back to the training grounds.

My eyes widened as I glanced behind mother, finding another familiar face beneath the darkness.

Seth.

Even buried in the dark, he hasn't changed. The years haven't been bad to him, but the frown on his face made him appear a lot older. He met my gaze, but his eyes left mine that instant. My brown furrowed at the reaction, staring at him a bit longer before a loud engine hummed outside.

What was wrong with Uncle Seth?

My stomach clenched at the thought but the engine roared outside the warehouse making everyone turn to look. Three black jeeps parked behind Axel's car and I gasped at the familiar faces that jumped out.

Men I thought I'd never see again walked up, all wearing protective gear and guns strapped to their waist. Nick led them, his eyes blazing with anger. The men that flanked him had their guns raised, possibly targeting the men that stood guard at the door.

Nick marched up to us, his eyes never leaving his main focus. Caroline. His eyes never left her own as he came to a stop, his hand raising to her bruised cheek while the other wrapped around her waist.

Jackson and Lynx both came in after, their eyes scanning the room. Jackson scowled in my direction making me chuckle.

"Can't keep yourself out of trouble, can you?" Lynx asked rhetorically while shaking his head and smiling at me.

I winked at him.

Men I didn't recognize came in behind them, each standing tall and darting their eyes between the two forces in the room.

"I told you I'd take care of it," Axel said from beside me.

"I had to make sure she was safe," Nick responded, pulling Caroline closer to him.

"How... how dare you?" a voice rung out from behind us making us all look at Hector. He had his fists clenched and his eyes narrowed at the sight of us.

"How dare you all?!" he screamed, "you choose to stand on the opposite side of the cartel? De esta familia? You are choosing to have a target on your back for the sake of this... this puta? Has perdido la cabeza?!"

"You kidnapped and tortured my sister and we're the ones going against the cartel?" Axel questioned in a sardonic tone. I knew he was appalled at the man standing in front of him. As he fvcking should be. Hector was no father.

My eyes were trained on him, watching the anger colour his cheeks. The two men cursed each other in Spanish, their voices getting louder and louder with every response.

"Enough!" I screamed, my eyes going back and forth between them both before they zoned in on Hector.

"How dare you interrupt! I should have you..." suddenly he trailed off. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he thought to himself. Soon, his blazing eyes cooled and the angry snarl on his lips curled into a sinister smile.

That couldn't be good.

"You know, tigresa," he started, gazing to mother as he walked towards me slowly, "I once told tu hija that no one would stand in the way of this cartel. I told her this the same time I told her about mi gatita. It is why this cartel will never stand with the Italians. It is why I will not be threatened by the few men you have chosen to carry to your grave today," he turned to look at Axel, "it is why I will not be saddened at the death of my son. Nadie se interpone entre mí y mi negocio."