Friend Zoned

Rosaleen's POV

Me and Steph arrived at the airport just in time for my flight. My heavy bags were dangling in my hands as we both ran in a panic. "W-Where's our section!?" I asked her in a rush, my face full of worry warts.

Steph quickly checked my plane ticket. "Section 11A! C'mon c'mon it's just around the corner." she pointed towards sections that read 11D, 11C, 11B and finally when we sprinted pass them we made it to the section that was waiting for our slow bums.

"O-Oh my god. Thank the lord!" I praised before Steph linked her arm with mine, rushing me to the ticket claimer. "Excuse me sir! My friend has to board that plane." she told him pointing outside where the plane looked like it was ready to take off.

The ticket claimer folded his arms, shook his head and sighed. "Look i'm sorry but you are far too late to board this plane. They're already in the process of taking off so your just going to have to wait for a later-" before he could continue, Steph gripped on his collar and yanked him down to meet her face.

"LOOK HERE. TODAY IS A VERY IMPORTANT DAY FOR MY FRIEND AND SHE'LL MISS HER CHANCE MEETING SOMEONE SHE'S BEEN WANTING TO SEE AGAIN FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS FOR HER I PROMISE THINGS WONT END WELL IN YOUR SITUATION." she glared right through his eyes and into his soul. It looked like she was about to go superwoman on him.

I gulped and took a step back with my hands raised in front of my chest and palms facing her way.

Oh shit! she looks scary as hell but I don't think i've ever seen her this determined to do something.

The ticket claimer had an immediate look of fear on his face and in his whole body posture. "O-Okay okay j-j-just give me a second ma'am." he shakily muttered, pulling his walkie talkie out. "Y-Yeah Dallas, um i-i'm going to have to ask you to keep the p-plane still for a bit longer." and with that said Steph's sour expression turned sweet, finally letting go of his collar. "Thank's for cooperating!" she said cheerfully, giving the plane ticket to him and linking me with her arm again, strolling towards the entrance.

I was still trying to get over how well she got us through that. I've never in my life seen her stand her ground once and to see that it just made me think again about how lucky I was to have a friend like her.

When I looked down to see how she was doing, all I could see was a big pair of eyes looking back up at me. I quickly looked away and cleared my throat, smiling stupidly. "Thanks for doing that Stephy, it scared the hell out of me but you were really great! I'll repay you someday I promise but, just not as good." I implied, scratching my nose and laughing.

Suddenly Steph stopped walking and that made me stop with her. She looked at the ground and her body began to tense, our link getting tighter along with it.

"Um.. Stephy are you okay?" I asked her out of concern, leaning down to try and look for her hidden face.

"Can you repay me now.." she quietly murmured before looking back up, gazing into my eyes and placing both of her hands on my cheeks, pulling me in for a kiss.

I was quick enough to figure out what she was about to do. "W-Wait!" I blushed, gripping onto her hands gently and moving my face out of her hold. "S-Stephy w-what are you-" before I could continue, I saw tears going down her face. "I-Im sorry!" she said desperately before running off. "N-No Steph wait a minute!" I wanted to stop her from leaving but if I tried I would miss my flight. I held my forehead with one hand and rubbed at it. I was so confused. Did my best friend really just try to kiss me?