Rosa's Big Day

~ Fifteen years later ~

Rosaleen's POV

*BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*
My phone alarmed at me, my face fully buried deep into an Ariana Grande covered pillow as if I had been suffocated. I didn't move, I didn't twitch, I didn't even breathe. I was that deep into sleep not even Toulouse Junior could wake me up with her usual bark or the biting my fingers off technique. I had slept well over another hour and I was going to regret it big time.

- 10 minutes later -

"HEY ROSA!" a voice yelled straight into my ear hurting the crap out of my poor eardrum.

"ARGHH!" I screamed immediately raising my upper body out of the blankets with my hands in a defensive karate form as Toulouse Junior barked at me using all her chihuahua might.

"Now that's how you wake someone up T Junior." the person chuckled flicking me on the forehead with one hand while patting T Juniors head with the other. I realized it was my best friend Stephanie.

"Owww...morning Stephy." I said in a raspy voice still half asleep, tiredly rubbing my eyes. "How the heck did you get into my house?" I asked her in a big yawn, stretching my arms out.

Steph just looked at me with a big grin on her face, slowly leaning closer to mine. "I have my ways." she said creepily, poking my nose before chuckling some more. I just rolled my eyes at her, trying to hold a smile.

Stephanie Fraser had been my best friend ever since we found each other in Elementary school, we became so close on the very first day we met and have been close ever since. She was always bullied in elementary by boys and I was pretty much her protector and playmate the rest of our school and college years together. One thing was for sure, I was never afraid to speak up for people, especially if the reason was because of boys.

"How about checking your time Rosa?" Steph said with a smirk, waving the phone in my face. "Did you forget what today was??" she gasped with one hand on her chest.

I knew she was hinting about something but I just couldn't put my finger on it. And after a moment of silence my eyes grew wide with anxiety. "Oh shit." I shrieked, quickly snatching my phone out of her hand checking the time.

- 10:35am -

"H-HOLY SHIT!" I yelled now fully awake swinging my legs straight out of bed.
"OH MAH GOD! OH MAH GOD! OHHH MAHHH GOOOD!!" I was running all over the place in a panic, my hands gripping onto my head as I started hyperventilating from being asthmatic.

Today had been the biggest day of my life and I just happened to over sleep, out of all the days to choose from, this day shouldn't have been one of them!

About 8 weeks ago there had been an upcoming competition going on the radio in 5 hours, it already went crazy viral on social media and of course I was one of the first few people to hear about it. It was a competition where you would get the chance to meet the most beautiful, stunning and gorgeous human being in the world AND spend the whole day with.

I still remember the day I first met her, the girl that changed my heart forever,
Ariana Grande.

All you had to do was be the first to call in on the radio and answer one question,
"Name every single one of Ariana Grande's songs from the very first one she ever released, to the very last she made on her Honeymoon Album in less then two minutes"
Okay, let me just say it was a ridiculously hard question to answer, but me, 24 year old Rosaleen, was able to win the competition! And that's pretty much what led me to this special day.

Of course I absolutely loved Ariana Grande, it would be and understatement saying I had the biggest crush on her, because really she was more then just my celebrity crush. I was 100% in love with Ariana, and I had the Ariana clothes, accessories, perfumes, CD's, posters and even identical makeup to prove it. But it always hurt me knowing she probably doesn't remember me in the slightest, not ever since our playtime fifteen years ago.

When we confirmed our friendship back then, we had played with each other almost everyday for a whole year and a half straight. Steph would rarely hang out with me ever since Ariana joined the picture and to be honest I never knew why she didn't like her.

I got to meet her mum Joan Grande, her grandma Nonna, her grandpa Frank and of course her funny gay brother Frankie, we all bonded together so well. But because Ariana started making her big plans to become an actor and singer, she had to move far away. Let's just say I didn't talk much at all after that, but i did have Steph and she helped me through so much since then.

After miraculously turning my room upside down, I was finally all dressed up and my makeup ready. I wore a deep grey drop shoulder varsity stripped crop T-shirt, blue distressed boyfriend jeans, a pair of classic tumble true white vans and my favourite cat ear sequin baseball hat. The hat was weird but I personally loved it.

Steph looked at me with a weak grimaced expression. "Cmon Rosa!" she demanded, yanking me by the hand as we speed walked out of the room. "Your plane comes in another 20 minutes! I don't want my best friend missing her date, noope not one bit." her words sounded a little hesitant and childish. "I know how much this means to you and I know you've been dying to see Ariana since that particular day." her eyebrows furrowed and she gripped on my hand harder before biting her lip harshly. It looked like she was about to cry. "So i'll get you there as quick as possible, promise."

I blinked in confusion while she dragged me out of the house, I wondered what was up with her all of a sudden. For some reason she started acting differently out of nowhere, could that be jealousy?

(Sorry if I write a lot in my chapters guys! I just loove making interesting stories 💋)