Thirty-Seven: Cavalcade

Edvin expeditiously unshackled himself with the keys Harley had thrown him and stood stiffly to his feet where he made his way over to Taylor and John to free them of their restraints.

Still in shock, Harley stood frozen and speechless as she watched John get up from the floor and walk over to her.

He cupped the back of Harley's head in his hand as he pulled her into his arms protectively and full of gratitude.

Harley bit back her tears, unwilling to let anyone see just how overwhelmed she really was in that moment. She lifted her arms and hugged John back tightly, still trying to process the fact that he was alive.

Suddenly Edvin raised his gun toward the door with wide eyes, prompting everyone else to look in the same direction.

"I'm a friend," Nora spoke with her hands up in compliance.

Harley let go of John, "Nora? What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.

Before Nora replied, she caught sight of Carson's corpse lying in a bloody pool on the floor, "Our way out is blocked off," she explained, her eyes still focused on the body, "We need your help and we don't have much time so we gotta move," she finished, finally tearing her gaze away from Carson and looking back to Harley.

"Need our help how?" Edvin prodded.

"There's no time to explain. Please, we gotta go," replied Nora with pleading eyes.

Harley took a step forward, "I can't go yet, I need to find my dog"

"The puppy? We have him. One of the men brought him up as a gift for the children. You can have him, just please come with me now," Nora begged as she leaned out the door and glanced quickly down the hallway.

"You have Rebel? Do you swear?" Harley prodded, desperately wanting to trust Nora's words.

Nora sighed impatiently and nodded, "I swear. He's chubby and grey and adorable"

This was enough validation for Harley. She turned to face John, Edvin and Taylor, "Let's get the hell outt here"

The guys agreed in unison and everyone moved out, entering into the long hallway and following behind Nora.

As they moved quickly, Nora cut through the silence when she looked back at Harley and her group, "I'm glad you killed that fucker back there. . He would've never stopped looking for me"

"Why's that?" Harley questioned as they approached the stairwell.

Placing her hand over her small baby bump, Nora replied, "It's his," she explained simply before turning forward and climbing quickly up the stairs.

Harley felt in that moment that she had inadvertently done Nora and all the women within Haven a huge favor.

Once they entered onto the main level of the bank, Nora led everyone to the very back of the building where a narrow hall led to a rear exit.

She opened the heavy, metal door slowly, peeking out to ensure the alley was clear, "This way," she said as she held the door open for everyone to pass through.

Harley, John, Edvin and Taylor followed Nora into the alleyway where she then led them down into an underground car park that was situated right next to the bank.

"So what's the plan here?" Edvin asked as they descended into the darkened space.

Nora pulled a flashlight from her pocket and clicked it on, "I need drivers," she explained as she shone her light into the space, revealing an assortment of vehicles. A military Jeep, an old motorhome RV, a large blue truck, a small bus and astonishingly, a military tank.