Chapter;13

Chapter 13

John's POV

Once I left iris house. I started to drive home but something inside me told me to go back. Something didn't feel right leaving her alone after I told her I cared and loved her after her boyfriend got in a plane wreck.

I turned around and drove back to iris house. Once I got there I got out my car and walked to the door I noticed the door was still unlocked so I walked in. I looked around for her in the Living room but she wasn't there

"Iris are you here!" I yelled.

No answer I walked up stairs and checked in her room she wasn't there either. I noticed the bathroom door open. I walked in a saw blood all over the floor and iris in the middle of it.

I rush over to her and noticed she slit her wrist I got a towel that was the closest and wrapped it around the open wounded trying to make the bleeding stop. I got my phone from my pocket a called 911.

"It a emergency my friend slit her wrist please hurry" I said.

I gave them the address and waited for them to come. Once they arrived they put iris into the ambulance and drove her away. I got into my car and followed behind them. Once I parked my car I went into the emergency room and went to the waiting room where the nurse told me to wait.

I didn't want to be in the waiting room I wanted to be with iris holding her hand and being with her. How can I be so Stupied I should have stayed with her and none of this would never had happen.

I go my phone and called Kelly and Dean to tell them they said that they will be here. After about ten minuets they were here asking questions.

"where is she" Kelly asked.

"she in the back" I replied.

"how did this happen" Dean asked.

"I was over your place checking in on iris to she how she was because her boyfriend Joey got into a plane crash on his way to Texas. I left but I went back and she had slit her wrist I'm sorry it my fault I should had never left her alone" I said feeling guilty.

"don't blame yourself John it's not your fault" Kelly said.

"yes it is I left her alone when she needed someone with her" I said.

"it not your fault you couldn't have known that she was going to do it so don't be so hard on you self" Dean said.

I was about to say something else but the doctor walked in.

"iris West." doctor asked.

We all stood up and walked over to the doctor.

"is she okay" Kelly asked.

"yes shes stable now we were able to fix up the wound. she's in a mild coma." The doctor said.

"for how long" Kelly asked.

"less then a week it's hard to say it depends on how her body reacts to it" the Doctor said.

We all sighed in reliefs. I'm glades she okay now.

"can we see her" Dean asked.

"yes but one at a Time" the doctor replied.

"John you can go first" Kelly said.

"no you Kelly its okay I can wait my turn" I asked.

"are you sure" Kelly asked.

"yes"

Iris mom followed the doctor to her room and i waited in the waiting room once Kelly and Dean both saw iris it was my turn.

I walked into the room and I saw a angle covered with tubes and IVs. I walked over to the chair next to her. I sat down and looked at get she was beautiful even with the IVs and tubes around her.

If I stayed this would have never happen she still wild have been sitting on the couch watching tv with me.

2 days later....

I visit iris every day after school to make sure she's okay. Today I got out early because its was early day because some of the teacher had to go to meeting.

The doctor said it could be any day she now she could wake up. They took away the tubes but still left the IVs. I went to the hospital and sat next to iris like I always do I read her books and talk to her even though she could not talk back.

Today I graded some paper from class on a essay they had to do about why the Romeo and Juliet's family's where against each other and why there love was forbidden.

I was half way done when I felt like someone was looking at my. I looked around and then at iris I notice she was staring at me and happiness struck me.

"Your awake" I said.

I could tall she was struggling to talk so I got the bottle of water and put a straw in it holding it so iris could take a drink of it.

"Better?" I said

"What happen" iris asked.

"You slit your wrist after I left you alone at the house" I replied.

She didn't say anything else she just laid there looking down at her wrist.

"I remember now" she said.

"You scared me I thought I was going to lose you" I replied.

"I'm sorry I-I didn't mean to scare you" she said.

"It's ok as long as your okay" I said.

"Thank you" she said looking at me.

"For what" I asked.

"Saving me....and bring here" she said.

"No problem I would save you any Day or night" I said.

"You would do that just for me" she asked.

"Of course" I said.

"Why" she asked.

"Because I care about you" I said.