chapter;1

Chapter 1

It's been five years since john left to England. I was depressed the first two months. It was fine 'til I met Willow, she's my best friend. I still remember the day before John left. It was my birthday.

Flashback

"Happy birthday, Iris," Mom said.

"happy birthday, sweetheart." Dad added.

"Thank you," I replied sweetly.

"Someone's here to see you," Mom said in a cheery tone

"Really? Who?" I asked curiously.

"John," she said

My best friend, John walked into the room. He was my first best friend and crush. He was from England and moved here when he was eleven years old. We were only four years apart, you know. He was sixteen and I was turning twelve

"Happy b-day, Iris!" John said in his thick accent, while giving me a hug

"Thanks," I said.

"I got something for you," he announced, while taking something from his pocket.

"Really? What?" I inquired.

He passed me a bracelet. It was a half of a heart that had John engraved in it.

"Thank you, it's beautiful!" I was happy that he got me a bracelet.

"Yeah..." John had replied in a weary tone.

I could see slight sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong, John?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said.

"You can tell me," I assured.

"I'mmovingbacktoengland," he

huffed quickly, leaving no space for me to hear what he said exactly.

"What?" I replied.

"I'm moving back to England." John said looking sadder than ever

I could feel tears form in my eyes. The tears quickly started to run down my cheeks. A hand came up to my cheek to wipe away the salty droplets. He pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," he said. He pulled me from the hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I want you to wear this bracelet to the day I come back. I'll wear mine" John told me.

He pulled out another bracelet from his other pocket. It was the same as the one he gave me, except, it had Iris engraved in it instead.

"I will," I promised

"Good," John said with smile on his face.

"When will you be back?"

"I'm not sure."

"Oh."

"I have to go now," he said

"Okay."

"I'll miss you,"

"I'll miss you too."

He pulled me into another hug and whispered something, but I couldn't hear it very well. It sounded something like...I love you.

End of flashback

After a couple of years later, Willow convinced me to dye my blonde hair to black My own parents couldn't even notice me. Over the years, she and I met two guys called Elliot and Joey. Elliot and Willow are dating at the moment. They're cute together. I still thought about harry, but he was like lost memories that occurred once in a great while. I still wear the bracelet that he got me. Actually, I never took it off since my twelfth birthday. It was part of me; I felt naked without it. I didn't know if he would ever come back. I still wore it anyway. It was a reminder of my first best friend.

Hours passed of me reading or texting on my phone. I already got my outfit ready for tomorrow. My superman t-shirt and some denim shorts. I had placed them on my chair near my desk with a pair of black vans on top.

I slipped into bed, putting my phone away to charger while checking for any missed text messages. I finally dozed off into a deep sleep.