Chapter 16: annie

I wake up screaming and in a sweat.
'Annie, Annie what's wrong?' Hayden jumps up and asks me
'I- I had a bad dream.'
'What was is about?'
'It was about Chloe.'
I start crying but manage to tell Hayden what happened.
'I had a dream that she became really sick and she was going to die and when the doctor told us that she wouldn't survive I started to cry and fell on the ground. And that's when I woke up.'
Hayden hugs me and tells me that everything will be okay. I end up falling asleep around 2:30. I wake up and Chloe is in her high chair eating some cereal.
'Hi mommy.' She says happily
'Hi Chloe.' I say
I fix me some Cheerios and sit next to Chloe.
'Mommy, can we go to the park wif aunt Haywee and uncle caweb?'
I smile.
'We can go to the park with aunt Hayley but we don't need to go to the park to be with uncle Caleb.'
'Why not?'
'Because he's always with us. He goes every where with us.'
'So he's right here now? He's having bwekfast wif is?'
'Yes, he's having breakfast with us.'
I smile and tickle Chloe and she laughs. I get her dressed and she runs to the car so we can go to the park. Hayley is already there so Chloe runs up to her.
'Hi aunt haywee!!'
'Hi Chloe!'
Hayley picks up Chloe and spins around with her. I get a text message from Hayden after about an hour of being at the park.
(H-Hayden A- Annie)
H- hey, are you at the park with Hayley?
A- yeah, why?
H- I'm on my way.
A- okay
I walk to Hayley and Chloe.
'Hey, Hayden is coming to the park too, he will be here in a few minutes.'
'Okay.' Hayley says
Hayden gets to the park and pulls me aside to talk to me.
'Annie, I have to tell you something.'
'What is it?'
'I- I have to go to Texas for a few days.'
'Why?'
'My grandmother passed away.'
I hug Hayden and we go and get Chloe and go home. Hayden walks in and packs his stuff so he can leave to go to Texas tonight.
'Bye Annie, I love you.' He says, as he kisses me on the cheek.
'Bye, love you too, see you in a few days.'
'Bye Chloe. I'll see you soon.'
'Bye daddy!!'
Hayden leaves and me and Chloe watch a movie and eat popcorn. After the movie I put Chloe's pajamas on her and tell her to brush her teeth. She comes back a few minutes later and asks me if she can sleep with me until Hayden gets back.
'Mommy? Can I sweep in your room until daddy gets back fwom Texas?'
'Sure.'
We go lay down and Chloe falls asleep. I roll over and try to go to sleep but I wake up in the middle of the night. I roll over to look at Chloe. Chloe, my beautiful baby girl. No one will ever be able to tear us apart. No one will be able to hurt you unless they hurt me.
'Deep in the meadow, under the willow, a bed of grass, a soft green pillow, here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true, here is the place where I love you.'
I sing to Chloe and rub her head. After I finish singing I kiss her on the head and go back to sleep.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy. If you know what movie the song that Annie sang to Chloe is from comment down below. I love you all. Stay beautiful. 😘❤️