Chapter 29

Hey look guys, Chapter 29 like five years later! There's one more chapter and that's all. I can't believe it.

Without further adieu....

-------------------------------------------

Louis P.O.V.-

The world still didn't feel real to me. It seemed as though everything was falling apart at the seams. I had received another phone call just minutes ago which added to my grief and stress. The front door opened signaling me to put on my happy face for the girls.

Blair sauntered into the kitchen with Grace storming in behind her. "Girls, I need to tell you something," I announced. I could see Grace tense up at the mention of any more news.

"What's up, Dad?" Blair asked with a look of concern for me.

"It's your Auntie Lottie and Uncle Liam."

"Are they alright? They're not hurt are they? Please tell me they're not in a hospital somewhere."

"No," I winced. "No, they're just fine. Aunt Charlotte was just on the phone with me. She told me her and Liam are getting a divorce." There I had forced the words out of my mouth. Now I had to deal with it. I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I understood my sister's reasoning, but at the same time I couldn't believe she would do such a thing. Here I was grieving for a lost spouse I would never see again while she willingly wants to give up hers. What I would've given to trade places because at least he would be alive.

"Are you serious? Who's idea was it? What about the kids? Did she say why?" Grace fired a million questions at me at once. I put my left hand up to tell her to stop. Her body relaxed as she rolled her eyes.

"She didn't let on too much, but I don't think it was an affair or anything. It sounds like they just don't love each other anymore like they used to. There's no spark anymore," I responded sadly. That was a horrible thing to think about. Losing the spark.

"Oh, well, I hope Auntie is okay. I've got some homework to do, so I'll come back down for dinner," Blair spoke to the both of us. I gave her my approval to leave, and as soon as she had disappeared up the stairs I was confronted with Grace.

"Dad, we need to talk."

"Talk? Not... the talk, right?" I asked nervously. This was not my job.

"Oh God, Dad, ew no! We need to talk about Blair." Now I was confused. I wrinkled my nose at the thought.

"Blair? What's wrong with Blair?"

"I don't know how to say this, so I'm just going to be blunt." I waited for her to inhale and exhale sharply. "She's got it, Dad."

"Got what?" I questioned dumbfounded.

" The thing that Daddy had. The Multiple Personality Disorder. Her other persona is a girl called Piper. Dad, we have to do something and fast. Piper is a slut, and she's going to ruin Blair's reputation. We need to go see Dr. Malik." My heart clenched at the revelation. Not my daughter, anyone but my daughter. Dirty bastards, it should've been me.

"Alright, we're going right now. Blair! Let's go! We're leaving; get in the car!" I yelled to the top of the stairs.

***

My leg bounced nervously as we sat in room three. Blair was looking bored as she sat on the examination table. Grace was in a chair next to me silent as a whisper. The door burst open, and in walked Dr. Malik. "Hello, Louis, I'm Dr. Malik," he greeted me formally.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm afraid we have a problem."

"Oh? And what's that?"

"It seems Blair has... developed a new personality known as Piper. It's just like Harry and Damien."

A grimace appeared on Dr. Malik's face. "I'm not surprised one of you developed the disorder considering all of the tragedies overwhelming your lives right now. Blair was always a gentle soul. Well, the good news is that she developed it today and not twenty years ago."

"Why is that good?" Grace interrupted.

"Because it means we can treat her illness before it does any further damage. It's a procedure I think your father here is familiar with. Your biological dad had it done some years ago, but it has vastly improved since then." I stiffened at the mention of Harry and the procedure.

"No," my voice rang out. "Absolutely not. I will not let my daughter undergo this treatment. This treatment is what killed my husband; you think I'm going to let my daughter die as well?" My eye twitched angrily. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"Louis, when Harry had the procedure it was greatly underdeveloped, and he knew that. Now, we have nearly perfected it. The success rate is astounding, and the side effects are minimal. At least with the treatment Harry was able to live a few more wonderful years than he would of without it. I knew Harry personally too. He was miserable sharing a brain with Damien. If Harry hadn't done what he did he would've killed you, Louis. It's the honest truth, and then he would've killed himself unable to deal with the consequences. Your girls would have been orphans. So just think about that. Try not to let your fear get in the way of what's best for your daughter's health and well-being." I gritted my teeth. How dare he tell me what I can and can't do? How dare he suggest I was putting my child's life in danger? I was so busy arguing with Malik that I hadn't noticed Grace leave the room.

All of a sudden, the door swung open. A vaguely familiar redhead with a furious look on her face entered the exam room followed by Grace. "Louis William Tomlinson, what is this I hear about my daughter being ill and you being too much of a wimp to treat her? I don't care if your precious little husband died because of it. He killed off the love of my life without a second thought, and at least he achieved great things in the years after. Look at them, my daughters, he raised them so beautifully along with your help. I demand you sign the papers for her to have this procedure! The medicine is safe, FDA approved, and there is no reason why my child should suffer because of your petty stupidity!"

Well I be damned, Kiersa still had that fire in here after all this time. I had to admit I was amazed to see how pulled together she still looked.

"Grace," I said, lifting an eyebrow. "How did you even?"

Grace's cheeks turned red as she avoided my stare. "When Kiersa left us with you all those years ago, she hid a note in the sole of our shoes. It had her phone number with a small piece of advice. It said, "Call me if you're ever in need or whenever your amazing father's make a dumbass decision". I kept it in my drawer all these years, and it finally came in handy. I called her as soon as I realized Piper existed. Now, Dad, I don't mean to be rude but listen to the woman. And for the love of God, do not make her repeat herself."

I scanned the room, meeting the eyes of every breathing person, and then I knew my decision. "Alright, we'll do it."