Chapter 12

A/N:

Sorry I write such LONG A/N I know it's a pain. :-/ But yeah so tonight's update is short cuz i'm so tired and it's late. But yeah just for you guys (OH plus it hit 100 reads which I know isn't much but to me it is :DDD so thank you all so much) and I'm going on a trip for Xmas hols. so I don't know if updates will be everyday :(

Louis P.O.V. -

I groaned as the creak of the door sounded. Great, now I was awake at, at 7a.m.! Couldn't the nurses come at a more convenient time for everyone? I pealed my eyes opened just to widen them in surprise. It wasn't a nurse at all, but my Harry. His curls were sprawled lazily over his head. It gave me the sense he had been driving most of last night and hadn't fixed his hair this morning.

"Harry, you're back!" I grinned and gritted my teeth at the throbbing pain in my stomach. When he saw I was awake, his face erupted in excitement.

"Yeah, I am and I have amazing news!" he near shouted with elation. I motioned for him to sit on the side of my bed. They'd given me an extra large bed, so there was plenty of room.

"Well don't keep me in suspense!"

"They've found a cure!" he squealed. I cocked my head in confusion.

"A cure for what exactly?"

"It's a cure for me, for my condition! They can get rid of Damien with a small surgery and injection. Then it could be just you and I, Louis! How wonderful would that be!? We would never have to worry about being interrupted ever again! Mum has even agreed to it!" Sadly, an instinctive fear was settling in my stomach and I couldn't share in Harry's excitement.

"It sounds perfect on the surface, too perfect. What's the catch?"

"The catch... I mean there are a few side effects," he mumbled, turning his face away from me. Now he was definitely hiding something from me.

"What kinds of side effects Harry?" I demanded, trying to keep my rising paranoia in check.

"Well just migraines, mood swings, temporary blindness-"

"That doesn't sound that bad; you're not done are you?" Harry shook his head no. I folded my hands in my lap and let him continue.

"The other thing is the serum can cause amnesia or the wrong personality could be dissolved."

"As in... you'd be gone and Damien would get your body?" I gasped. Harry's shameful look told me that was exactly what he meant. An overwhelming sense of heartbreak threatened to swallow my soul.

"No, Harry, no you can't do this surgery!"

"Why is that? Louis, I don't want to hurt you! I've done it so many times. The risks are all worth it to me because at least no matter what happens I'll never hurt you again," he argued.

"What happens to me if you don't come back? What if Damien is here and you're gone? It would feel like you'd died, Harry. There would be a huge whole in my heart. I couldn't live if you were gone. I'm not willing to risk losing you!"

"Well it's not your decision is it!" he snapped on the verge of tears.

"Stop being so fucking selfish, you're not being fair! How can you just expect me to sit here and be okay with this? I would rather have Damien show up half the time, stay a virgin, and live out the rest of my days with you in a quiet town than run the risk that you could be gone for good! I've known I was gay since I was about sixteen. The only person I told was my father because we were really close. No one knew because I was still scared to admit it to anyone else. I started to believe maybe I had been wrong because I had never found anyone I loved or to call mine. Then I stumbled upon you, Harry. Confused, alone, broken, beautiful, and desperate. I didn't mean to but I fell in love with you. I'm not ready to lose you, especially when I could've prevented you leaving. I would blame myself every single day for the rest of my life because I was the one who let you go through with it. I won't live like that because the death of your first love, your only love, is something you just never get over. I won't let it happen. I just won't. Please, don't do this to me!" I begged. I didn't care if the tears fell now.