Chapter 21

A/N: So it's sort of a cliffhanger at multiple parts. I originally ended it with a major cliffhanger, but I really wanted to keep writing so it's not a cliffhanger (well not really). Since I don't have school tomorrow, I'm going to watch a movie & then do another update tonight. Yay! Enjoy, vote, comment, I love you all & thank you so much for reading.

----------------------------------------

Three years later...

Louis P.O.V. -

As I sat on the edge of my bed peering out the apartment window, which overlooked a beautiful park, I thought about something I hadn't in a long time. That night three years ago, it was the night when I had walked out on my dream.

*Flashback...*

"Beep... Beep," the slow rhythm of the vitals monitored hummed. As I awoke, I groaned at the massive headache causing my head to throb.

"Louis, baby you awake?" a voice fretted. I recognized that voice anywhere.

"Hey Mum," I grouched. "How long have I been out?"

"You've been asleep for about four days, sweetheart. The doctors told me earlier that we can take you home twenty-four hours after you wake up, so that's good news!" she stated with enthusiasm. I sat up and scratched my head in confusion.

"I've missed four days? Where's Harry? Why isn't he here? I thought he would've been here..." I traveled off.

"He was; I sent him home because that boy needed his sleep." Thankful that Harry hadn't abandoned me; I gave my mom a thankful smile.

"Can you hand me my phone so I can call him up and let him know I'm awake?" A drastic change came over my mum's face. The wrinkles in her skin deepened, her eyes narrowed, and her eyebrows furrowed. Shit, what was going on now?

"Listen, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. You have to leave him, Louis."

"What?" I snapped with the feeling of pure dread and shock clearly written on my face.

"Yes, this is the second time I've nearly lost you! Don't even give me that crap about Harry not being the one to beat you up. It's not him that's abusing you, yes, but it's being in this relationship that has gotten you to the breaking point more than once. I refuse to lose another child. As your mother, I want what's best for you and to protect you. I can't stand to see you hurt."

"What's best for me?! What's BEST for me?! Harry is what's best for me! I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life. Ever since Fizzy was diagnosed I've been wallowing around life with sorrow as my main emotion. Do you want me to go back to the helpless, sad little boy I was? Do you want me to become Dad? Well do you? Because I'm not leaving Harry, and if I do that's what will happen to me." Mum flinched at my cruel jab of my father. Her face hardened like a stone. The seriousness of her expression terrified me.

"I know that you think you're in love, and that you know what you're doing. The truth is you don't, and I won't allow this relationship."

"Well what are you going to do? I'm twenty one. There's nothing you can do to force me!" I dared her.

"Louis Tomlinson, if you do not end your relationship with this... this boy, then I will disown you from this family and forbid you to see your siblings ever again. Is that clear?"

My ears were broken, right? She couldn't have just said... but she did. My own mother had given me an ultimatum whose choices would weigh heavily enough to kill either way. "Mom, you can't mean that!"

"I do, and I will go through with it. I just don't know what else to say or do to make you understand how serious I am. You may hate me now and for a few years, but one day you will see that I only did what was right by you while your judgment was clouded."