Chapter 18

A/N:

Double update like I promised :) This chapter was so emotionally draining, so I didn't edit. But no really it made me so sad to write this chapter. I didn't like it that's why it's so short :'(

*Approx. 1 hour ago*

Jay P.O.V. -

"Mummy?" a child's voice called. I jerk my head up and rubbed my weary eyes. When I saw Felicite's weak smile, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes, baby?" I asked. When she asked for me to sit next to her bed, I obliged.

"Mummy, I wa-want you to give... these to Harry a-and Lou," she rasped. Holding out a small, frail hand she gave me two white envelopes. I turned to put them in my purse, and then returned my gaze to my young daughter's face.

"I'll make sure they get them, but why don't you just wait until they visit in a few days?"

"Be...because there won't be a few days," she whispered. My breath caught in my throat.

"What do you mean there won't be... of course there will be a few days," I reasoned, mostly with myself. Fizzy's hand reached out to touch my cheek and guide my face back to hers.

A single tear was floating gently down her pale face. "No, there won't be," she stated. A spasm racked her body and she cried out in pain. My body went into panic mode. I shot up to call for a doctor, but my wrist was caught.

"No," she managed to choke out. Her head was frantically shaking no back and forth. "No, Mum, no doctor, just j-tell Lou..." she gasped as she forced herself into a fetus position. She was full on crying from the pain.

"Please, baby, let me call the doctor! Baby, I can't stand it. You're hurting!" I cried. Both of us were caught in a torrent of our own raging tears. Oh god, this was it. She was going to meet her maker today, wasn't she?

"No, no mama. G-give Lou t-the letter," she groaned in pain. Louis, I had to get Louis. He needed to be here.

"I have to go get him, Fizzy. He has to have a chance to say goodbye too!"

"No, don't do that. It will be easier this way. He shouldn't have t-to to see me die," her words were interrupted by her sobs of pain. "That would break him completely. My goodbye for him is in the letter. He will understand. Just hold me, Mum."

I did as she asked, and wept as I did so. This couldn't be happening. No, not now, not ever. Mothers weren't supposed to out live their children. It went against nature. Mother Nature didn't require a parent to bury their child, so why?

"Mommy, I love you so much. I'm not leaving you on purpose, but it-it hurts so much. I-I can't stay anymore, please let me go. Stop holding onto th-things that will n-never be," she choked out. Suddenly, her blue eyes blazed open and the tears stopped. "I can see Daddy. There's Daddy. He's come to take me to the angels." She turned her head to look at me; joy seemed to fill her eyes. Slowly and painfully, she leaned up to kiss my cheek. I broke at her touch, but kept myself from grabbing her too tightly. "Daddy will take care of me. There's no need to worry for me now, Mum. I love you forever. You were the best mum in the world."

I watched as her eyes widened once more. "I'm coming home, Daddy," she breathed out the last sentence. I watched in silence as the last breath left her chest, and her eyes dimmed. All in the room was still.

Panic began to build in my chest. I tapped her arm. "Fizzy, wake up." No response. I pushed her shoulder harder. "Felicite, wake UP!" I shouted. Again, there was no response. My hands grabbed hold of her shoulders and shook her violently in a desperate attempt to get her to wake up. "FIZZY WAKE UP, ANSWER YOUR MOTHER GODAMNIT!" I screamed at her as the flat line of the heart monitor screamed back at me. Her body was already losing warmth as the world around me faded and slowed.