Chapter 8

Harry P.O.V. -

Three months later...

From: Louis

6:23pm

Hey Harry, meet me on the football field at 7?

Luv, Lou. Xx.

The football field, that was the first time Louis and I had ever had a real conversation. It was where we had almost had our first kiss, and it was the first time I ever confessed anything about myself to him. I wonder what he wanted me to meet for. The cold February air nipped at my nose as I made my way to the University football field. Louis and I had been seeing each other for a little over four months now. We had made it official on his birthday. It was Christmas Eve, and when he opened his present there was a simple origami rose that read, "Will you be mine?" Louis had looked at me with a look of pure shock and joy. He was too happy to speak; all he could manage was a fierce nod of acceptance.

When I arrived at the field, I gasped. In the middle of the field was my favorite blue blanket sprawled out. There were candles circling the corners of the blankets. Sitting in the middle, was my gorgeous boyfriend. I smiled as I ran to the setup and gave him a kiss as I sat down. I could've sworn tears were forming in my eyes I was so touched by the gesture.

"Louis, it's beautiful! I have no words. How did I ever get so lucky," I murmured as I allowed myself to gaze and gawk. He looked lovely tonight in a maroon v-neck jumper and his black skinny jeans. His hair was one giant, messy wave of chocolate caramel colored madness.

"Happy birthday, baby," he replied as he gave me a soft peck on the lips. I had grown used to the feel of Louis's rough lips on mine. It was my safety blanket. As long as he was there, there was no reason for me to be afraid.

"I totally forgot it was even my birthday. Now I know why you invited me here!" I squeaked. He turned around and grabbed a small box. I looked at him with a suspicious gaze, but he just nudged me to open it.

"Oh Louis, it is perfect!" I cried. I wrapped my arms around Louis in the tightest bear hug I could manage. In my hands, I held a hand-woven bracelet. Louis had taken the time to weave in our initials into the fabric of the bracelet. I slipped it on and gave him a cheeky smile. He knew how to get to me.

We lay back on the blanket just to gaze at the stars. As we pointed out constellations and shooting stars, my mind began to wander to these blissful months. Our mom's thought we were just friends, which was good for our relationship's sake. Damien had been appearing less and less since Louis had come around. The times he did show up, however, we had started to learn to deal with. Most times were just dates or hot make out sessions. Damien would get disgusted and storm out of the room. Louis would sit back and pop a film in until I arrived back to watch it with him. Of course, the only thing Louis and I had ever done was snog. We both agreed that we wanted to wait for the perfect time for our first time.

"Hey Lou, do you ever think about the future?" I asked, rolling my head to face him. His blue eyes gazed intensely at the stars as I watched his eyebrows furrow. They always did that when he thought deeply about the answer to his question.

"Yes, all the time, Harry. I think about where I'll work, what kind of career I'll have. I worry if Fizzy will make it to see my graduation let alone her own. I think about whether I'll live here or if I'll move away somewhere else. I wonder if I'll be able to live with the past or if I'll get my own fresh start," he replied thoughtfully.

"No, I mean our future." That caused Louis to roll over onto his side and face me. Our faces were so close; I could feel his hot breath hitting my cheeks. For a moment, my heart raced for how long he was taking to reply. But when that familiar smile crossed his lips, the rhythm slowed again.