Chapter 16

A/N:

Unedited, slightly longer (?) ch16 :) Enjoy!

Anne P.O.V. –

            Harry was sleeping soundly this morning. Sometimes throughout the coma, he would get restless. Having the peace of mind that my baby was alright, I headed to the cafeteria to gather some food. Sifting among the different lines of food, I settled with mixed fruit and French toast. As I turned to head towards the tables, I bumped into a girl.

            “Oh I’m sorry, sweetie!” I apologized with a smile. The girl was young, probably around Harry’s age with almond-shaped, foggy blue eyes. Her long, flowing hair was a shade of dusty red. She was a pretty girl with a petite frame and face.

            “Oh you’re perfectly fine!” she reassured me with a small smile. “Here take my cantaloupe, since yours is now on the floor.”

            “Thank you; cantaloupe is my son’s favorite. If he were awake he would probably take it from me the minute I walked in the room!” I reminisced to the young lady.

            “Is your son okay?” she asked, concern clouding her eyes.

            “Oh he’s fine, honey. He had a surgery to remove his imposing personality. He has, well had, multiple personality disorder.”

            “Oh, well I hope he wakes up and feels better soon! Tell him I wish him all the best!” she chimed as she headed out the door. What a lovely girl.

            Louis P.O.V. –

            Once again, I found myself in the chair next to Harry’s bed. Anne had been coming and going over the days. She never stayed the night because it was frivolous for both of us to lose sleep. Since I wasn’t going anywhere, she took advantage of it to catch up on fifteen years worth of restless nights. At the current hour, she was spending her time in the cafeteria while I had alone time with who I hoped to be Harry.

            “Hey Harry, it’s Lou…again. So you get to wake up tomorrow, exciting right? I can’t wait to hear your voice, and see your eyes, and just talk to you knowing you’re really listening. I’m making big plans for your welcome home party. Oh damn! I really hope you don’t remember that because it was supposed to be a surprise. Well that was your mom’s fault. I get so excited I blurt surprises out sometimes! Oh well, as long as you wake up you tomorrow that is all that matters to me!” I squealed excitedly.

            I continued to talk to Harry like a child talks to their imaginary friend. “So I was thinking that for our six month anniversary we should do something special. Maybe we can ride down to the river and-”

            All of a sudden I was interrupted by a shrill female voice screeching vulgarities at me. My jaw dropped as I studied the strange girl. She had red hair and blue eyes, and I had ever seen her before in my life!

            “Who the hell do you think you are?” I demanded as I raised my seat on the chair.

            The girl ignored me, and shoved past me. She collapsed on the bed on top of Harry and began to… to cry. “Oh my god, Damien, I’m so sorry I haven’t been here! You didn’t tell me you were getting rid of Harry! I would’ve come immediately. Why didn’t you let me know? Baby, please wake up. I love you and I miss you so and I need you,” she cried as she laid her head on his chest. I cleared my throat in pure awkwardness.