Chapter 7

Harry P.O.V. –

When I woke up, a pounding filled my head. Ugh, I had a massive headache. What the hell had happened yesterday? The last thing I remember was Louis’s sister mentioning Louis’s and mine’s kiss. After that, I blacked out. Wincing, I crawled of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I gasped. My eye was almost swollen shut. Gingerly, I reached up to touch my face which looked as though it had been kissed with black-and-blue bruises. My stomach was in knots, and I’m guessing it was also covered in bruises. Man, Damien really had gotten himself into some serious shit yesterday, and of course he’s not here to bear the aftereffects. Oh shit… Damien! He had appeared at the dinner, hadn’t he? Oh fuck, what had he done now? Guessing by the amount of bruises covering my body, it was probably drastic. I had to call Louis right now and try to salvage our friendship.

When I reached my phone, I breathed a sigh of relief. Louis had already beaten me to it. Hopefully, he could tell me how much of a hole I had dug myself into. I smiled to myself because I was going to see Louis today, and even better he was bringing some ice cream with him! Along with his text, there was a text from my mum saying she went shopping, perfect.

Right on cue, the doorbell rang and I trotted downstairs. Upon opening the door, I saw a child-like Louis carrying two gallons of ice cream.

“Hey I didn’t know what kind of ice cream you liked, so I settled for both,” he grinned wickedly. “Now let me in! It’s like thirty below freezing!” Louis pushed his way past me and into the kitchen. As I got the bowls and the spoons, I could feel a pair of eyes watching me. Raising an eyebrow, I turned to face him.

“You know you’re staring, right?” That comment made his face turn bright red. It was cute actually; the way Louis would always blush when he was around me. I liked the shade of pink his cheeks turned, especially in the cold of winter. It was sort of like something out of a fairytale… “Stop it, Harry. You’re just friends,” my mental voice reminded me.

“Well, I just wanted to say I’m sorry… for ya know… messing up your face.”

“Oh, I probably deserved it. What did Damien even say?” I questioned lightly as I dipped my spoon into my chocolaty concoction.

“He just called me a bunch of insulting things per usual, flirted with Lottie, in front of my family.”

“Of course he did,” I said bitterly. I didn’t want to be flirting with Lottie. I don’t like her… at all. “But what made you go over the edge?”

“He might’ve mentioned my sister’s arse.”

My eyes went wide as I gulped down a mouthful of ice cream. “He did what? Oh Jesus, that boy is nothing but trouble. I am sorry, Louis. I am such an idiot. Why can’t I ever stop saying these things?! I deserve these bruises you gave me.” Louis grabbed my wrist immediately and forced me to look him in the eyes as he spoke.

“Don’t you ever say that again. You don’t deserve any of the hell Damien puts you through. You know what? New rule, I don’t want you to ever apologize to me ever again, got it?”

“But-” I protested but Louis cut me off with a wave of his spoon.

“Ah, ah, ah, ah, no exceptions, not another peep out of you, mister! Come on, let’s go watch a film.” He grabbed the ice cream off the counter and raced upstairs to my room before I could reply. I chuckled to myself as I followed him up. Louis had such an immature spirit. That was one thing I like about him.

“Took you long enough,” he snorted as he grabbed the remote.

“So what are we watching?” I asked as I took my place on the bed next to him.