Chapter 74

***Michelle's POV***

I can't help but frown as I lay there in bed, reliving the last five or so minutes. Gary said he had the entire weekend free and that he wasn't needed at all. He even said that he wanted nothing more than to spend the entire weekend snuggled up together in bed or on the couch because he missed me just as much as I had missed him the last 4 days.

As I lay there, I replay it over and over again. He was acting very strange this morning, now that I come to think of it. No kiss when he woke up, he didn't say he was going to the shower, that's one of the things he nearly does every morning and to be honest, most of the time I join him just to see him naked and wet as he is just so gorgeous. No morning cuddles in the towel with him after he was done showering. Nothing. None of the usual Gary traits. It is all a bit weird.

I check my phone to see the time,

10:12

Is that all? Fuck this, I'm catching some more sleep and then I'll get up. In all honestly, Gary wore me out last night against the wall for his 'welcome home' party.

*****

I wake naturally a while later.

11:47

'Best get up now..' I think to myself as I swing my legs out from under the duvet cover and pad over to the bathroom and flick the shower taps on, allowing the shower to get nice and hot as the room also fills rapidly with steam.

Popping back in to the bedroom, I grab my iPod and docking station and plug it in. Turning on some Coldplay, I turn the volume up, allowing it to blare out through the room. I love having something to see along to in the shower. Besides, anytime that I don't decide to join Gary in the shower, he always keep me from getting back to sleep as he's always singing at the top of his voice. Not that it is a bad thing in any way. I could listen to his voice all day every day for the rest of my life. It's just that he has a big and loud voice is all. I bounce back in to the bathroom singing along to Viva La Vida and gushing at Chris Martin's insanely good voice.

As I step out through the bathroom door, a towel wrapped tightly in my hair and another around my body, I hear the sound of my phone beeping. Instantly I know it's from him. It's his special message tone. Normally I'm over the moon whenever he texts, but with the way he acted this morning, I'm not really bothered. He's either going to say that he's sorry for being such a twat and all but it's not like a text is going to make everything OK like! I slide open the message and read it in a heart beat and my eyes widen and my brow furrows in a confused manner.

Message from: Gary xxx

12:19 

''Meet me at The Gore restaurant in Knightsbridge at 7 o'clock. G''

'That's it? I don't even get a kiss at the end?'

OK, now I know for sure that he is acting really strange. Immediately I feel everything south of my abdomen clench and not in the good way that it usually has been for the last 9 months or so. There's only one reasonable explanation for the way he has been acting all day; he's ending this tonight. Yep, has to be. Definitely. He's even picked out a really posh place to do it as he probably thinks that I won't feel as bad then. I blink back the tears that I feel are beginning to form as I head to the wardrobe and decide what to wear for tonight. If we are dining out in Knightsbridge, there is no doubt that Gary will looking absolutely gorgeous in his trademark three piece suit look. Oh God! This is going to be so much harder now. I can just tell that the minute I see him in a suit, I'll want to jump on him in a heart beat but it'll be the complete opposite tonight won't it? Grabbing my phone off of the dresser, I send him a message that is just as bland as his was.

***Gary's POV***

I root around in my pocket as I feel it vibrate against my bum. I pull it out to see a message from Michelle.

Message from: Chelle xxx

12:24

''OK. See you later. M''

OK, I know well for a fact that my plan is working. She has never not sent me x's and this just shows to me that she is probably thinking the absolute worst of me right now and is probably calling me every name under the sun. I smile to myself as I know my plan is pulling together as I turn my head back to the glass cabinets across from me. Looking at them individually and not liking any I lay my eyes on, I gasp suddenly. So loudly in fact that both of the shop assistants look up at me to see if anything is wrong.

''Is everything OK Mr. Barlow, sir?'' I hear the little blonde girl from behind the till say to me as she looks at me worryingly before coming out from behind the counter and walking over to me.

''Yes...yes. Erm..everything is fine, but I just found what I was looking for, I think. May I see this one here? In the third row, fifth in from the right?'' I ask her, pointing it out with my baby finger.

''Certainly, sir. I'll just open up the cabinet for you now''

I step back a bit as she takes out a set of keys from he pocket and swings open the cabinet door. She reaches in and takes out the one I'm looking at. My eyes are glued to it and it's in that moment, I know that this is what I came here for. This has her name written all over it.

''Here you go, sir'' the sales assistant says to me, bringing me out of my trance.

''It's a 1.7 carat diamond, with a diamond encrusted band to the middle and costs £19,500''

All I do is nod along with what she says. Clearing my throat, I say to her.

''Oh, yes. Erm..that's not a problem. As long as it comes in a nice box'' I wink at her as I see her blush a little.

''Certainly, sir. I'll box it up for you now'' she says as she brings the ring around to the counter to box it up.

I've found it. I've found the perfect ring.