Chapter 77

***Michelle's POV***

We spent the rest of the evening laughing and drinking and basically just having an amazing time.

''Gary...'' I slur in a slightly drunken manner

''Is that why you were acting a little weird today?''

He looks at me then his eyes move to his hands. I knew it!

''I'm sorry, sweetie. I really wanted it to be a surprise for you. I'm sorry for doing it. I hated myself all day for doing that to you, as I felt I was being really rude to you, but it was all for tonight. I'm truly sorry. It was a little harsh I guess...''

I hear his voice trails off as he lets the last few words slip out of his lips. I hope he doesn't think that I'm angry at him for doing it. I mean, I was a little shaken up coming here but with what has happened tonight, it is now the last thing on my mind. It's just my drunken thoughts spilling out now.

''Hey, hey, hey. I am not angry at you, baby. Not at all. I said yes, didn't I? It was just different to any other proposal that you normally hear, that's all'' I say, as I take his hands in mine, making him aware that I'm telling the truth here.

He finally looks up as a tear slowly escapes his eye. He really thinks I was scared about him maybe breaking up with me. Just as I go to hug him, he breaks out into a huge grin and motions for me to go and sit on his lap. I do so and he wraps his strong arms around me. This is the only place I want to be for ever more. In the arms of the one man I have only ever truly loved. I will always pinch myself as to the fact it is actually Gary Barlow, but to me he is just Gary. Regular Gary who loves me as much as I love him and who has a sold out tour approaching quickly.

''Wanna get out of here, baby?''

I pull back and wink at him while biting my lip cheekily. He shuffles under me and swallows loudly. He nods repeatedly like a child. I go to stand up when he pulls me back.

''Stay in front of me, babe'' he whispers in my ear.

I reach around and place my hand at his bulge. Oh God! He's hard!

''Don't baby please....not here..later..'' he chokes out in my ear.

''Thanks a million for the evening, guys. Freddie, just add it to my tab and I'll make it up this week, mate'' he calls over to the waiter on the other side of the room.

He nods his head and sticks up his thumb.

''You got it, Gary. Have a great evening guys and once again, congratulations from all of us here guys. You guys are made for each other'' he says before he spins around and heads for the kitchen.

''Are you ready to make this engagement official, my fiancee?'' he growls into my ear, sending shivers down my spine as he helps me into my coat.

''The question is...can you last as long as I can, babe?'' I whisper, intentionally grazing his crotch with my hand as we slide out the door and make our way to the taxi rank.

*****

As we approach the front door of the house, Gary slides his arm around my waist as he produces his keys from his pocket. He swings open the door, but also lifting me clean off my feet at the same time, and placing me in his arms, fireman style. The feeling of having his strong arms wrapped around me and feeling the bulge of his biceps every now and then as he takes me up the stairs to our bedroom is simply amazing. I love him so much and tonight I'm going to prove it.