Chapter 16

***A few hours later***

We all felt that the dinner was a huge success. He made it clear that this was our show and it was crucial that everybody involved knew what is was that we wanted to do. I mean, we had a few ideas and a rough edit of the set list only but that is all you need starting off, a tour can take a life of it's own and become something really special if the right people are involved and if there is the chemistry is good. 

We were just finishing up our meal and sorting out the bill when we decided that we would go out for the night. I mean, we were going for a drink anyway so we said we would make a night of it. I decided to send Michelle a quick text just saying that I'll be back a bit later than expected just so she doesn't begin to worry;

Recipient: Chelle xx

21:49

''Hey babe, we've decided that we're going to have a boys night out tonight. Haven't had one in ages so it should do us all some good. Don't wait up. Love you, G x''

I slide my phone in to the back pocket of my chinos and check my wallet for cash to see do I need to go to ATM or not. 

''Look at him there, counting his millions'' Dougie says loudly chuckling to himself giving cause to Mark and Jay to join in on the laughter. 

''What can I say lads?'' I reply winking at them all.

''Just checking if I need to go to the ATM or not guys, now...shall we go out and good boys night out or what?'' I say very enthusiastically clapping my hands together and smiling widely. 

''Woah, someone's feisty tonight'' exclaims Jay clapping my back in delight. 

''I'm just looking forward to a night out with my best mates is all. In fairness, it's been forever since we've had real lads night out you know..''

They all nod in agreement before jumping in to a taxi and set off towards Chelsea to a small pub called The Phene for a few drinks to start off.

*****

The drinks are freely flowing and within an hour, the once cozy pub with roaring fires is alive with young and old alike who have decided just like us, that welcoming in the new year is at least a two-night job. 

As I get out of my seat and head to the bar for our fourth round, I feel my phone buzz in my bum pocket. It's probably just Michelle getting back to me from earlier, I think to myself. I slide it open to reveal a blank text message from a number I've never seen before. I simply shrug my shoulders and pop it back in to my pocket just as the bar tender comes over to me. 

''Alright mate, can I get the same again over to the table in the corner please? Can I also add 4 Double Vodka shots to the order please, mate?'' 

''Of course you can, Mr. Barlow. I'll have them over to your table as quick as I can'' 

''Thank you mate'' I say happily. 

Just as I'm about to leave the bar, he gets my attention again. 

''Oh, excuse me Mr. Barlow, sir. I know this is totally inappropriate as I'm working and you're enjoying a night out, but I am in fact a huge fan of yours. Could I be bold enough to ask for an autograph please, sir?'' 

''Of course you can, mate. What's your name?'' 

''Seán, sir''

I take the pen and paper from him and scribble a little note to him and sign it at the bottom.