Chapter 10

It was the night that the documentary was to be aired. Last week, the 4 of us had seen it for the first time. I felt we were all really proud of it but this was the television premiere and the first time Michelle would know what went on in the interview. I didn't tell her anything as I wanted it to be a surprise so she could make up her own mind.

I made her promise to be honest with me about it and how I was portrayed by the other 4 lads. We had decided to stay in at my place and watch it together. We had ordered a Chinese take away and I grabbed a bottle of red from down below in the cellar and we had a lovely evening.

I turned to her after the documentary finished and she had tears in her eyes.

''Babe...why are you crying? I wasn't that bad, was I?'' I say wiping the tears away with my thumbs.

''No no...its..n..not that. You were just so honest, Gary. I didn't know the amount of pressure you felt at the end of Take That'' and with that she just threw her arms around me and almost choked me to death with the hug.

''Hey hey sshhh...it's OK, I'm OK. Think about it this way right, and I know it's going to sound cheesy or whatever but fuck it I don't give a shit. If I didn't have those shit years at the end and all that I wouldn't have all this stuff and then it would have led to the comeback tour which led to the dinner with Elton, and then I met you. And I couldn't imagine my life without you Michelle. I mean that, I really do'' She just flings her arms around me again and hugs me even tighter this time.

''Hey, I tell you what. How about..we..go get some vodka..do some shots and get pissed? Celebrate the success of the documentary? Besides the tour tickets go on sale in the morning and I just don't want to think about that''

All she does is nod in response and I pop up off the couch and run to get the bottle of Grey Goose vodka from the freezer and two glasses. You never mix Grey Goose. It's at it's smoothest when drank straight. Besides it gives it the extra kick.

In the blink of an eye, we're both absolutely smashed. All I remember is kissing Michelle and falling asleep on the couch, with her in my arms and a blanket around us.

*****

I wake up feeling as if someone poured a box of gravel into my mouth. I turn on my phone and I have 37 missed calls and 29 messages from my manager. Oh shit! The tickets were released this morning. What time is it?

09.29

Shit!

I dial my managers number and hold it up to my ear as my head is pounding, as I down a pint of water which will give me the ability to speak.

''Gary! Where have you been? I have been phoning you since 9, mate!'' David roars down the phone.

''Good morning to you too mate and yes, I've noticed. 37 missed calls, mate! There better be a good reason for all this'' I chuckle down the phone.

''Gary! We've sold out!''

''Well that's great news, mate. It should be gre-''

''No no Gary. I mean, we've sold out like sold out. We sold out Package 1, 2 & 3!''

''You mean..we..sold out all of them? Like all 32 shows? Including the stadium dates? Really?''

''YES GARY! Do you what this means? It means that you sir, my boy, are back! The Take That monster has returned. I'm so proud and I couldn't be happier for you mate''

I take a few seconds to gather myself. Wow! Everything sold out in less than half an hour. Then it hits me. This was all real and instead of that sickening feeling that I expected to get the morning of the ticket release, I got this wave of butterflies that made my stomach do somersaults. In the good way that is though.

''Gary mate, I'll leave you be. Let this sink in as it is pretty big news after all. Go and celebrate the fastest selling tour the UK has EVER seen. I'll call you tomorrow''

''OK mate, talk tomorrow. Thanks for everything''

I put the phone down and I'm shaking like a leaf with pure excitement. How am I supposed to wait 6 months for the tour? It's going to be impossible! At least I have Christmas to look forward to in three weeks and why shouldn't I be excited?

I've got the most beautiful girl in the world which I get to call mine, a comeback tour that sold out in record breaking time. This Christmas was going to be incredible. Best one yet I'm thinking.

I come in from the kitchen carrying two steaming mugs of tea to find Michelle standing at the mirror above the fireplace in the lounge that we fell asleep in last night.

''You're already beautiful baby, there's not much more you can do..'' I say softly to her as I enter the room.

She simply turns around and blushes.

''Someone is in a good mood. I mean, I know you're a morning person Gary but we were both pretty drunk last night. Are you not hungover?''

''I don't really get hangovers sweetheart if I'm honest with you. I just need some water and I'm good to go normally, but I have a reason to be extra happy this morning'' she looks at me with an almost estranged expression on her face.

''Gary what is it? You know I hate being made wait'' she says whilst biting her lip.

I place the two cups of tea down on the coffee table, on coasters of course, and take both of her hands in mine.

''We sold out, babe. We sold out everything'' She looks at me with eyes as wide as golf balls.

''You mean, you sold out both arena legs and the st-..stadiums?'' I could only nod as my answer.

''Oh my God! I'm so happy for you. I'm thrilled to pieces, baby. Oh goodness, I'm so proud of you !''

She flings her arms around me nearly knocking all the wind I have out of me. I savor this moment. I'm after realizing that after ten years, people still want to see us.

Wow.

I mean, our tour has SOLD OUT. That is just mind blowing. I'm holding the person I care most about in the world in my arms and at this moment, life couldn't get any better. I was so happy.

''Come on I feel like celebrating. Why don't we go out and get some breakfast and then go Bond Street and buy some goodies?''

''That sounds like an amazing idea, but I pay for myself. Don't argue Mr. B. We've been together just over a month now so no funny business''

She says sternly wagging a finger at me like my Nan used to do whenever I was bold, although I could see her holding back a smirk and in the end she just burst into laughter. I followed soon after and the two of us were in stitches with tears in our eyes in seconds. We quickly got dressed and grabbed our coats and went out the door. I stopped at the car and said

''You know what? Let's take the tube this morning. It's been years since I've used that thing''

''Are you sure, babe? I mean, you're tour sold out this morning. Are you sure you want to get on the busiest underground line in the country at 10AM on a Friday? You could get seriously harassed by fans or whatever''

I thought about it for a few seconds but to be honest my mind was always made up.

''Yeah, fuck it sure. It'll be a laugh. Just do me one thing yeah? NEVER let go of this hand, OK?''

I say pointing to my hand which is now firmly interlocked with hers.

''I'm never letting you go, Gary. I'm in this for the long run'' she says and then plants a wet kiss against my lips and then we set off towards the tube station.

This was going to be interesting.