Chapter 29

I wake up failing to prevent the massive grin spread across my face as I think back to what happened last night. It was truly the best way imaginable to end any couple's first Valentine's Day together. I look to my left and see Michelle, laying peacefully on her front, left arm draped across my chest as her head is turned the other way. I can't help but feel my heart almost burst every time I look at her. She truly is the love of my life. 

I mean, I thought I was in love with Rianne, my ex-fiancé, but when I compare the two feelings I have felt for these two girls, I realize that what I had with Rianne, was absolutely nothing compared to what I currently have with Michelle.

I look to my right and reach for my phone on the the night stand. 

''What time is it?'' I mutter to myself a little drowsy still.

07:15

Great. I won't be going back to sleep then. I slowly peel Michelle's arm off of my chest so I don't wake her. She looks exhausted. Well to be honest, I probably left her very jelly legged last night. God we were at it for hours.

'New record, Barlow'

I had planned to go for a run, but with the state that my legs are in this morning after last night, I know I would collapse 5 minutes in. I decide on an early shower and then I'd surprise Chelle with breakfast in bed and we'd spend the day cuddled up together on the couch in front of the fire. I know its the middle of February, but it's still nippy out there. 

I slide towards to bathroom at the end of our bathroom, not bothering to put on any clothes. The only person who'd see me is Michelle and she's said it on multiple occasions that she's prefers me naked anyway. I close the door quietly and flip on the shower taps. I watch as the room quickly fills with steam and I can feel my body heat up instantly. Nothing beats a good hot shower to wake yourself up in the morning.

I'm practically blinded as I step out of the shower as the entire room has now been filled to capacity with steam. I wander half hopelessly towards where I think the towel rack is and to my relief, I find my hands make contact with something fluffy and soft.

I open up a small window in the corner of the bathroom to allow some of the steam out and a few minutes later I can actually see what I'm doing. I secure the towel tightly around my waist and stand in front of the mirror. I can't help but grin like a child when I look at myself. I'm not vain or anything like that, I'm just so proud of myself for the dedication and hard work I've put in to get back in shape. I mean, I can almost say that I can feel confident about walking around in Dubai with Michelle without a shirt on. I mean, I will look like nothing compared to Michelle but that was always going to happen. She could be on a fashion runway if she wanted to with that figure!

I meander down the stairs lazily after deciding that I will continue to be the cute boyfriend and cook Michelle breakfast. I flick the kettle on as I pad over to the fridge to find some stuff so I can prepare two full English breakfasts for myself and Chelle. 

''Typical'' I mutter to myself as I come to terms with the fact that I have barely anything required to make breakfast. 

There's a shop on the corner just down the road so I grab my jumper and pop on some shoes and I'm off out the door. I casually stroll down the road towards the shop with a grin the size as Ronald McDonald. I can't help it. I'm just so happy with what has happened to me in the last 7 months or so; from getting the offer to go back on tour, to signing a new record deal, to have made up (practically) with Rob and finally, finding the love of my life. I honestly never thought that one man could feel this amount of happiness. I feel really truly blessed.