Chapter 60

***Gary's POV***

I wake up the next morning, feeling refreshed from having one of the best nights sleep in a long time. I go to roll over to check my phone for the time but there's something, or should I say someone, in my way, restricting me from getting to my phone. I look down a little and notice a sleeping Michelle, wrapped around my naked body like ivy. We would normally have had sex again after dinner and our bubble bath last night as we always do when we have a bath together, but we just wanted to cuddle together last night and then fell asleep in each other's arms. I love her so much, and it's then that it comes back to me. Looking down at her sleeping sound in my arms, what she told me last night comes flying back in to my mind,

''Get a good night sleep and when you wake up in the morning, you know what to do''

''He's going to have nobody else''

''Nobody else''

Oh God! I jolt from my bed when a sudden pain rushes through my head, causing me to jump slightly up in the bed, waking up Michelle.

''Gaz?! What's up? You OK?!'' she looks at me worriedly.

I don't say anything for a few minutes and I can see that Michelle is getting worried again like last night, as she was in the hallway downstairs. I'm not going to let her get as worked up as she was then, ever again, so I force myself to snap out of my funk and manage to splutter out the words that I know she has been waiting for me to say for the last 15 or so hours,

''Baby, I need to see him. I can't lose him again. I..I just ca..can't lose him again'' and with that, my head just drops in to my hands and the biggest sigh possible leaves my lips.

 I look at her as she sits up beside me.

''I'm sorry for waking you'' I whisper.

''Don't mention it, Gary. I am here to make sure you are OK. This is a big thing in your life and I don't even need to ask what you're going to do, I know the answer already. I can see it in your eyes''

I look at her in shock and also utter admiration. Having her by my side throughout everything that has happened between myself and Rob in the last 4 months or so, she has been the rock I've needed to lean on in order to get through all of this.

''Really?''

It comes out as not even a whisper. I'm pretty sure she didn't even hear it, my voice was that low. All she does is nod back at me.

''So...''

She kneels up on the bed beside me on the bed, wrapping her hands around the back of my head, playing with the  small hairs at the back of my neck.

''...when is your flight?'' she asks before swiftly leaning in and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

''I think there is a 6PM flight from Heathrow, but what am I going to tell the lads? We are meant to have rehearsals all week...'' my voice trails off as I mumble the last few syllables.

''Just tell them that you have to get away for a few days. 4 at the max. You still have over 3 months until the tour so you have plenty of time'' she says to me, as she cuddles in to my chest.

''I guess I'll have to go in for a few hours this morning and do some stuff with the lads. Then I'll come home around lunch time and we can get ready for the trip''

Just as I say the last few words, Chelle pulls away from my chest and looks at me with a confused look on her face.

''Babe? What's up? Is it something I said?''

Shaking her head slightly, it takes her a few minutes for her to find the words I guess.

''We..?'' she asks me, very nervously.

''You..you don't want to come with me?'' I ask her, and as much as I try to hide the disappointment, it pours out through the words that spill from my mouth.

Immediately, she springs up and wraps her arms around my neck nearly choking me to death.

''No, no, no, nooo, Gary. Of course not! I would love to come with you, but I think that this is something you need to do on your own, OK?'' she looks me dead in the eye and after a few moments, I manage to nod my head.

''Just promise me one thing, babe?'' she asks me, holding my face in her hands

''Promise me that you will come home to me with your best friend back in your life, yeah?''

I take her hands away from my face, kissing her knuckles and holding them close to my heart.

''I promise, gorgeous. I promise..'' I whisper to her before claiming her lips with mine in a loving and tender kiss.

*****

I'm back home and on the laptop, clicking away and making sure that everything is set up for the trip. I got the all clear from the lads and they were looking for a few days off also as Howard has a DJ gig at the end of the weekend and Mark has plans with his girlfriend Sarah. I'm only going until Friday so it's not going to be too long away from Michelle. I have a 6.30PM flight this evening, so I have a few more hours until I have to leave for the airport  I also have a hotel booked but I have a feeling that I won't be staying in it to be honest.

It just hits me! An amazing idea! I immediately pull out my phone and find the number I'm looking for. Hitting the green button, the beat of my heart increases as I ask myself is this the best decision. Ah well, it's not like it will totally go to waste.

''Hello? Virgin Airlines, LAX? How may I help you?''

''Hiya love. I will be arriving in LAX this afternoon from London, England and I would like to book a connecting flight please''

''Absolutely, sir. That shall not be a problem. If I could get your name firstly, sir?''

''Sure. Gary Barlow. B-A-R-L-OW, and I shall be there around midday, if that's OK?''

''That will be perfect, sir. Now which class would you like? Economy, Business, or First Class?''

''May I have First Class please?''

''Excellent choice if I may say so. How many will be travelling or will you be travelling alone, sir?''

''Myself and 2 other, please''

''Certainly. And to round it up sir, I just need your destination, please?''

''Oh yes, of course. I would like to go to Hawaii, please''