Chapter 69

A few hours later, myself and Rob find ourselves walking down the strip in the busy Hawaiian nightlife area. We decided to go for a few drinks after dinner and make a proper night out of it. We only have 3 nights here in the end anyway as we leave on Friday. Rob is going to go back to L.A for about a week before he sets off for South Africa for the first set of shows of his tour which kicks off in Durban. When I get home, it's back in to tour rehearsals for 3 weeks then I have a week off again and then another week before the tour starts.

''You wanna go for a drink in here, Gaz?'' Rob suggests as we stroll up towards a rather fancy looking outdoor bar which is absolutely rammed with people.

That can only suggest one thing; must be a good spot.

''Sure, mate'' I nod as we set off up the steps of Panorama Beach Bar and head towards the bar straight away.

Rob leans in and whispers something to the bar tender. I couldn't hear if I wanted to, as the music is drowning out almost everything apart from my own thoughts and my heart beat which is thumping in my chest.

'What is wrong with you mate? Why are you so nervous?'

I shake my head which immediately washes away the negative thoughts at the same time.

'You're here to enjoy yourself with your best mate, who needs you now more than ever. So enjoy yourself, get drunk and dance the night away' I say in my head again as I see Robbie return with two absolutely massive red drinks with nearly every different type of fruit in the world in them along with two crazy straws to boot!

''What the..what is this?'' I splutter as I take the offered drink from his hand.

He looks at me and shrugs slightly.

''I asked him for a cocktail that we'd only ever get in a Hawaii and he made one up for us'' he winks at me.

''I think it has Vodka, Rum, Triple Sec, Raspberry Syrup, Grenadine and Soda Water in it, if I remember the bottles correctly. Few lime wedges in it and good to go!'' he says happily as he twirls his straw around in his fingers.

''Well we're here to have a good time, aren't we Bob?'' I say winking back at him.

''To my best friend, who I am very lucky to have back in my life. I love you, Rob'' I say as we clink our glasses together.

''Awh Gazza, I love you too'' he says as he ruffles my hair slightly.

''Maholo!'' we both say loudly as we begin to devour our cocktails.

*****

A few hours later, after draining many more cocktails and downing an unhealthy amount of shots, I find myself outside, chilling out on the deck with a cold bottle of beer as Robbie chats up some girl a few feet away. Looking over at her, I notice that she's quite beautiful. Long blonde hair and blue eyes. Her legs are a nice golden tan and her figure is magnificent. Still got nothing on Michelle though! As I drain the last bit of my beer, Robbie and his friend come over to me hand in hand.

''Hey Gaz, you set to head home with us or do you want to chill out here some more?'' Rob says to me in a very drunken slur.

''Nah...nah mate..'' I hiccup in return.

''I'll head home with ye, guys'' I say as I swivel around sticking a hand up to flag down a taxi.

We all climb in the back of the taxi as I give him the address to the villa. This girl is going to think we're billionaires when she pulls up at the house.

'If only she knew what we actually did for a living!'

''What are you so smiley about, Gaz?'' Rob mumbles against my neck as he sees me grinning madly.

''Huh? Oh nothing, nothing mate'' I say as I pat his leg, rubbing up and down slightly before placing my hands back in my lap.

'Tonight could be made very, very interesting'

*****

I nearly fall out of the taxi as Rob was pushed in to the back of me by his 'date' as she tried to rush out the door as she admires the house we were outside of.

''Woah woah, easy there, mate'' I say to Robbie as I stumble out of the car with Robbie practically laying against me.

''Sorry Gaz, mate. I got pushed from herself'' he mumbles as his 'date' basically falls out of the car.

''Awh, don't worry, Gaaaaaz'' she drunkenly slurs at me, giving me a whiff of her breath which absolutely wreaks of alcohol.

''Everything will be fine'' she says pinching my cheek roughly.

''OK. Enough of that, thank you'' I say as I yank her hand away from my face roughly and shoving her away from me.

''Well fuck you anyway. Come on Dave, let's go and have some fun..'' she basically shouts at me before turning to Rob.

'Dave? Who's Dave?'

''On second though...hold that taxi, mate!'' he roars at the driver just as he starts up the engine.

Walking the girl over to the taxi, he opens the back before basically shoving her in the door and closing the window. Looking at her threw the window, he sticks out his hand which suggests that he wants me to take it. I wander over and place my hand in his. It must be some sort of game he's playing.

''Take her home please, mate'' Rob says to the driver as the girl pipes up.

''What the fuck, Dave?'' All Robbie does in laugh loudly in her face.

''You think you can tell my best mate to fuck off and everything will be OK? Big mistake love, because when you realise who we actually are, you'll wish you could reach up and kick yourself in the head for being such a stupid bitch!'' he winks at her before wrapping an arm around my shoulder, spinning on his heels and walking us both up the steps towards the villa.

''Nobody talks shit to you, mate. Not when you're with me, Gaz'' he slurs against my ear as he turns the key in the lock of kicks open the heavy front doors to the villa.

I feel my heart swell at those words. Knowing that he truly cares about me means so much I can't even explain it. As the door closes, I head off in to the lounge to pour us a night cap as Rob heads in to his room. I pour him a whiskey, along with one for myself and head off to his room. I said I'd bring it in to him as a surprise. I knock softly on his door.

''Rob?'' I say quietly as I push in the door of his room.

I walk in to find his clothes from tonight strewn across his bed. Shirt, shorts, socks, undies. All there and his shoes are on the floor beside his bed, but Rob is nowhere to be seen. I scrunch my face up in confusion as I ponder to myself where he could be. He's hardly gone for a late night skinny dip, is he?

I decide to head out to the pool in the back garden just to check if he has. As I stroll over through the open planned living room, I notice that one of the doors leading out to the back garden area is wide open. The curtains flutter around with the cool night's breeze swirling around my head.

As I step outside, my eyes are widened with the sight of a naked Robbie swimming around in the pool in front of me. Instantly, my heart rate begins to rapidly increase as I see him paddle around without anything covering his modesty. A croaky breath escapes my lips, which catches him off guard, causing him to fly around in the pool and face me. Leaning up against the door frame, with the two drinks in my hand, the words are out of my mouth before I even know what I'm saying,

''Looking pretty good there, Rob..''