15; First Hair Cut & Gemma*

O L I V I A

"Okay thank you." I put the phone down and walk into the lounge.

Harry, Hope and Bella are all on the couch watching the TV but Hope is more interested in the remote. I walk over and hug Harry from behind.

"Only three months." I whisper and he grins.

"Three months baby." I kiss his cheek and sit down next to Bella.

"Guess what I did princess?" I say to the five year old girl who I love so much.

"Huh?" She turns to me and looks at me with curiosity.

"I booked you your first hair cut." I say and she furrows her eyebrows.

"They're gonna cut my hair?" She asks.

"Yeah, since your hair is so long and we want it to be all nice and pretty for the wedding, I booked you a hair appointment." I tell her and run my hand through her blonde waves.

"But I love my hair mommy." She says and puts her hands on top of her head.

"I know and I love it too but we don't want it to be too long." I say.

"I don't want to have all my hair cut off!" She almost yells.

"Baby, it's not all of your hair. It's just the bits at the end." She looks confused but less angry.

"Will you stay with me mommy and tell the hair lady not to cut it all off?" She asks.

"Of course I will princess." I kiss her forehead and she rests her head on my chest as we carry on watching TV.

Me and Bella walk up to the hairdresser and she holds on tightly to my hand. Harry took Hope out to visit Anne whilst Bella had her haircut.

She holds onto my hand tightly as we walk up to the counter. "Hi, I'm Olivia Rose and I booked an appointment for Bella Rose."

"Of course, you called this morning. Well my name is Casey and I'll be your hairdresser today." She says happily. She's a middle aged woman with black hair in a bob. She was quite a plump woman but seemed very friendly. "This must be little Bella, are you ready for your first haircut sweetie?"

Bella nods shyly and hides behind my leg. I smile since she's never usually this shy but I guess she's just afraid of having all her hair cut off even though she won't.

I lift up Bella and sit her on the tall chair. I move out the way so that they can put the barbers coat on her but she grabs my arm and pulls me closer. "Can you tell her momma?"

I nod and kiss her forehead, "Bella only wants to get a small trim. She's scared of having all her hair chopped off." I tell the hairdresser and she chuckles.

"I would never chop off all these beautiful blonde curls Bella." Bella smiles at the hairdresser and she starts parting her hair.

Whilst Bella has her hair cut I do all I can to distract her and talk about things she loves. I remind her many times that she won't be bald by the end of it all.

"Okay Bella, all finished." She takes the barbers coat off and Bella stands up and looks in the mirror.

"What do you think Bells?" I ask and she grins.

"I love it mommy!" She squeals and I laugh.

"I told you you wouldn't go bald." She giggles and admires her hair in the mirror.