13; Strange Shadows & DJ Malik*

O L I V I A

"Hopey say Dada!" Harry coos at the 6 month old baby. "C'mon Hope say Dada."

She gargles and smiles. Harry laughs and rubs his nose against her cheek. "You just want to play huh?" He asks.

He picks her up and holds her in his arms as I make breakfast. Harry is going to work today and Bella is going to school so it's just Hope and I.

"Stop trying to get her to say Dada when clearly she loves her mama." I say and serve the eggs on a plate.

"I'm trying to beat you because I know Bella's first words were Mama." He says and sits at the table with Hope on his lap.

"Actually it was shit." I smirk and he drops his fork. "I'm kidding!" I laugh, "Of course it was mama, Bella always knows the way to my heart."

"More than I do?" He pouts.

"Well... You're my sugar daddy." He chokes on his food and I start laughing. "Kidding."

"You're in a playful mood this morning." He tells me. I shrug and Bella comes in with her now long curly hair all over the place.

"Hey princess, you want bacon?" I ask and she nods, lazily sitting up at the table.

"I'm so tired." She groans and nibbles on the crispy bacon.

"Me too baby." Harry says. "Finish up and get ready, I'll take you to school." He kisses her head.

Things have been well since the drunk incident. The wedding planning is almost finished and August 16th is closely coming up.

Bella is so exited to be wearing a pretty dress for the wedding and can't wait to walk down the isle. She's even been practicing throwing flowers down the hallway.

Today I need to go and buy a few accessories for Hope and Bella's outfits and do a little bit of food shopping.

The bridesmaids dresses and the flower girl dresses are all sorted. My wedding dress is all prepared and ready for me to collect any day.

The only person who doesn't have their outfit is Harry. He still need to buy a tux for the wedding but he says he's going to do it closer to the date. To be honest, I wouldn't mind him turning up in sweats and a t-shirt, as long as he's there I'll be fine.

My biggest fear of this wedding is him not standing at the end of the isle when I walk down.

"What's on your mind baby?" Harry asks.

"The wedding." I smile and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Oh really? Only a couple more months baby." He says.

"Daddy, I'm ready!" Bella comes into the kitchen with her backpacking her hair messy.

I grab the comb and start brushing out her long curls. "Mommy, did you pack fruit sticks in my bag?" She asks.

"Of course princess." I kiss the top of her head and she hugs me.

"Bye mama." She says and walks to the door.

"I'll see you later baby." Harry kisses my lips. "I love you." He murmurs against my lips.

"I love you too." I say and he grins, pecking my lips again and then grabbing his stuff.

"Looks like it's just you and me Hopey." I coo and pick her up. She smiles and her bright green eyes look up at me. "Lets get ready."

***

"No baby, stop chewing on it." I laugh as Hope keeps chewing on the hair ties.

She giggles and carries on chewing on them. I shake my head and try to take them off her but it doesn't work.

I head to kids isle and find a few accessories for Bella's hair. Hope points to some of the toys and I grab her the purple teddy bear to play with.

I walk to the food isle after finding most of the things I wanted. I grab a few baby snacks for Hope and some more fruit sticks for Bella.

I suddenly feel a tingle run up my spine as if I can feel somebody's watching me. I turn around and see no one there.

We carry on walking but I quickly turn when I hear something fall. Cereal boxes were all over the floor but no one else was there.

I go to pick up the knocked over boxes. I hear footsteps but don't bother to look up. Suddenly, Hope starts crying and I stand up to tend to her.

"What's wron-" I freeze when I see something in her arms, it's a baby shoe, a small pink baby shoe. The same shoe I gave to Cole as his only reminder of his daughter.

I take the shoe from Hope's hands and throw it somewhere random. I push the cart as fast as I can to the check out and quickly head to the car after paying for everything.

When I get home, a million thoughts race through my mind. He's in prison, there's no way he could get out this time.

It must have been some coincidence, the shoes were quite popular when I brought them, they were the last pair on the rack.

My mind doesn't stop racing until Hope's crying pulls me away from it all. "It's okay baby girl, I've got you. Mommy's got you."

***

Everyone was here at mine and Harry's house. We were all catching up after not seeing each other for a week or two.

I haven't told Harry about the shoe thing because I'm sure it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Cole is gone, he's in prison, we're all safe.

"Liv?" Niall's voice pulls me from my deep thinking.

"Sorry what?" I ask, not hearing anything they were talking about.

"Have you hired the DJ for the wedding?" Harry's eyebrows are furrowed and he's probably questioning my odd behaviour.

"Um yeah, the place comes with the DJ." I tell them.

"Oh well if that DJ's shit, then I can always whip out my cool tracks and get the whole dance floor pumping." Zayn smirks.

"Oh please, DJ Malik was only used for the Valentine's Day ball in eighth grade. Never again." Lorrie exclaims and I smile remembering the day of the dance. 

"You have to admit Ri, DJ Malik was pretty awesome." Niall insists.

Lorrie rolls her eyes. "There's videos still up on Facebook." Lorrie takes her phone out and shows everyone the video of Zayn.

"You okay babe?" Harry asks.

"I'm fine." I say but Harry is Harry and he can see through my facade that I'm not fine.

Not even close.

-------------------------------------------------

Let the plot begin.

I feel like the plot for this is a lot more sad than Better.

Speaking of Better... So many people have been reading and voting for it and I'm so Happy!! THANK YOU for voting it really means a lot to me knowing your enjoy the story.

Also, Harry's doing press for Dunkirk and I am so happy. He's like a serious little actor.

*Please vote, comment and share*

-Chloe xx