chapter twelve part two

T

1 : 4 : 14

The dorm was once again noisy with Daechin around, kinda missed this rascal. If it means finally not being alone then I accept it. It's comforting after all.

"Hey. Taehyung-ah, why was Jisoo-ssi at our dorm on new year's eve?"

Speaking of Jisoo. I haven't... talked to her. She just stopped talking after that and never looked my way. I decided to go home. Until I muster up the courage to even face her again.

"Reasons." I simply answered and he let out a sigh.

"Tae, I'm starving. Let's go out and get some grocery, I have New Year's money man." He lamented, it took a lot of screeching dying whale noises of his to convince me to go out.

When I got out, Woonji was the one who I immediately had to face. Ugh, great. This is why I didn't want to go out.

"How's the dare going?" He said.

Does this guy have nothing better to do? I rolled my eyes at him and walked passed him.

"Hey!" He called out as he caught up. Please just trip over something and I don't know, sprain your ankle?

"Hey short stuff, can you get lost? Me and Taehyung here are going grocery shopping and you're kinda delaying it." Daechin complained and hell... Woonji was pissed.

"Taehyung. The dare?" He asked again making me grit my teeth. Dare, dare. Stupid dare. Is that all he knows?

"No more dare Woonji. I don't care. It's childish! Besides why do you care so much? Do you truly have nothing else to live for?" I shot back and shook of his grip before I continued walking. Finally.

"Argh, how embarrasing Taehyung!" He whined like a man child.

I just shrugged off his comment. It puts too much on line.

No more dares.

Play: True love by Coldplay

Me and Daechin went ahead to the grocery and decided to go out separate ways, taking half of the grocery list with us. I... I'm only worried he might disregard our toiletries for the Junk Food written on top of his list.

I was in the poultry category when I saw Jisoo motionlessly get some frozen chicken from the freezer.

She looks very different from this point of view. Very much... though, all the more she still looks very pretty.

"Jisoo!" Suprised, she flinched and turn towards me. She immediately jumped at me and covered my mouth.

She pulled me outside the mart making me drop the frozen pizza I picked out and the frozen chicken she was checking out. The corners of my lips tugged upwards, I'm glad we aren't back to square one.

"Taehyung, why are you still doing this, I said stop wasting--" I cut her off and walked closer to her.

"Not because of a dare Jisoo. I'm doing this not... because of a stupid dare. I don't care if I disappoint my friends, they'll get over it soon. Y-you... you don't deserve any of it." I said looking straight down her dark brown eyes which were warily looking at mine.

It must've hurt, when Chaerin told you. I, what got into me... why did I even try and do it. It's... fucking stupid.

"I know better now. I just...I j-just want to get to know you better." I paused as I avoided her stare. Her eyes looked so courageous. I feel stupid, thinking I was planning to make a fool out of her.

Really, if anything... she's the one who turned the whole game around.

"I Sincerely, without petty dares. I, Kim Taehyung genuinely want to get to know you, Kim Jisoo." I said with a smile. She looked away before sighing, she seemed as if she was about to frown when she held both of her temple and looked at me.

"But chaerin likes you..." My lips slowly pulled itself downwards.

"I... I don't know what you want me to do with that. Chaerin, she means so much as a friend to me." I said. Jisoo stepped backwards and shrugged.

"You're always the eye of the storm between us. She's also very special to me and I... I just have to keep my distance with you so I could keep my friendship with her. I keep..." She hesitated before she continued.

"I keep telling her and myself as well that this is all just a dare. Honestly... I don't know what to do. I can't... I can't just continue what was once fake and there's also Chaerin. Do you understand?" Jisoo said and smiled at me so softly. I breathed out a sigh and hung my head low. Of course. I'd be asking too much of her if I just...

If I just...

If I... just stay by her side.

"Can't I... just stay with you?" I asked with my eyes closed. I feel like, if I don't jump at this moment... I'll never see her again. It was hard enough when I couldn't get a hold of her these few days.

If I let her go now, I don't think I'll ever get the chance to be by her side. She reached for my head and I subconsciously lowered myself.

Jisoo caressed my cheek and ruffled my hair. She tiptoed and embraced me by my nape.

-moon