chapter three

T

12 : 07 : 13

I was off to the only rooftop in the campus for some fresh air. I was really stressed because of a math test. Im taking HRM and I didn't know math would take a lot of part in it. I was also stressed because a lot of people was asking me about the dare and I wanted to cut off their tongues already! I have 30 minutes before my next class and I really wanted to get some fresh air and when I got there I was a little bit suprised to see her.

She was lying down on the stone cold floor, eyes closed. I dont know if she's sleeping but one thing im sure, she didnt notice me coming in. I walked in and closed the door behind me quietly.

I laid myself down a couple of imches far from her before I looked up to the skies.

Honestly... I'm not just stressed because of a stupid math test.

Its my mom... she called me earlier and told me she won't be visiting me for this year's christmas. I told her to at least go to my birthday but she said she wasn't sure.

My mom has another family and they don't exactly like me thats why every christmas she goes to me. Thats the only day she goes home to me. Yes only me. My dad left us when I was 7 and mom had another family when I was 17 and thats when I started to dorm in college. I have a sister but she's in states.

I was suprised when she opened her eyes. She sat up and got her bag. I actually expected that. That she will just walk away but she didnt.

She pulled out my handkerchief from her backpack and tossed it onto my face

"Thanks." After that I expected her going out but she just sat down again and rested her body on both of her hands as she closed her eyes

"Why are you here? Dont you have classes?" I asked but she just ignored it. Well thats okay, to be fair I did pass the walk out stage of hers.

"Why is the world unfair?" I asked but I'm not really actually expecting a response from her. I just needed someone to listen. Chaerin doesn't actually listen to me because she needs me to listen to her and Woonji, Haemin?

They wouldn't take this seriously so I dont care if she would just ignore me, atleast she hears me. I'm content with just that.

Silence is still company you know.

"I mean... I dont have my dad and my mom doesnt know how to fight for me."

Tears prickled my eyes but I just wiped them swiftly before continuing.

"Why does it have to be the both of them? Why can't it just be dad or just mom? All I want is at least just one of them should be with me during christmas or my birthday"

Using my peripheral vision I saw her eyes open.

"I mean am I being too demanding? Its just once a year. Why can't they be there for me just once a year? They are my parents... "

"I often wonder, does mom think about me during their joyful moments? Even in the slightest bit, do I cross her mind? Like has my son eaten yet? I wonder who is my son with this christmas and his birthday."

"She knows noona isn't with me nor dad so how can she eat and celebrate while her very own son is alone celebrating his own birthday. Celebrating christmas all alone." I lastly said and sat up.

Ugh I feel too dramatic, she must want to get rid of me already.

I ruffled my hair and looked up to the skies. She sat up and I was shocked when she was handing me something. It was... a handkerchief. Hers, this time.

"I have my own you know." I said with a smile but she was already walking away.

I sighed and looked at it. I was suprised when I saw her skimpy handwriting.

"Things will get better eventually, and all you have to do is get through everyday."

I turned its back because there was more.

"-and oh. Just cry. Your tears are harmless you know."

I broke into a smile when i read it.

"I... really just miss you mom, that's all there is." I whispered into thin air before lying down again gripping unto her handkerchief

I like this chapter too:(

662 words

-moon