Promises About Prom

Joe's POV

"Well...." Nick said and I kind of tensed my grip on his shoulder.

"Selena and I broke up..." He finished. He's not lying...

"So why are you acting about it?" She said, tilting her head to one side and crossing her arms over her chest. Sort of like a cop, or a really cocky jerk.

"Because I didn't want anyone to know yet..." He answered. Nice save!

Then Liz jogged to the kitchen counter and back, putting on Nick's Aviators.

"Why!?" She inquired, returning to her cop like stance.

He shrugged.

"My turn. Why are you being all cop like?" I asked.

"You guys don't get it?" She asked, tipping the glass down a bit on her nose so we could see her eyes.

"No." We replied in unison.

She got an evil smile on her face.

"Maybe this'll help..." She stated putting the glasses softly on the ground and lifted her leg slowly.

At first I was shocked, but then I realized she wasn't going to crush them like Nick does on J.O.N.A.S., she was going to wait until he got it.

"Hey! Those are my glasses! Don't step on them!" He shouted, extending his arm out as Liz lowered her leg.

"Recognize a situation similar to this one?!" She asked.

"No?! Oh yeah! I crushed Joe's glasses on our show. Don't you even think about it, little missy!" He shouted.

Little Missy??

"Tell me why you and Joe are acting like freaks and I'll give you your precious Aviator's back!" She threatened.

"I...I...I...can't! Please spare the glasses, you'll know soon enough!" He begged, he even got on the ground, on his knees, and put his hands together.

"Hmmmmm. Maybe this time I'll let you off the hook, Mister Meany!" She stated.

Mister Meany?? Is it just me or does anyone else notice this flirt fest?

She slid his glasses toward him and he hugged them. Weird...

"TIME FOR PROM NIGHT!" She announced.

"Speaking of that..." I said.

"Woah...Joe! I forgot you were here!" They said in unison.

1.) how rude! 2.) how cute! They imagined only them two in the room.

I shuddered. Don't think of just them two in a room together with a bed. I shuddered again.

"Why are you shuddering?" Liz asked.

"NO REASON!" I responded.

Then my mom walked down the stairs.

"I thought you were home, Nick. Would you and Liz come here a minute?" She asked.

"Sure..." They answered her and walked up the stairs.

Hmmmmm....

Liz's POV

"I was going to show you two this earlier, but I completely forgot. So the other day I was cleaning out some old boxes from the move, since I haven't had much time lately to...And I found this box." Mrs. Jonas explained handing Nick and I a blue box with the words 'Best Friends Forever...And Beyond Club!'

I cracked up. Half of the letters were backwards and wow.

"We were little kids, Liz and don't you remember, you helped put it together!" Nick stated, trying not to laugh.

"That's why I'm laughing! We were so proud of it and its so...lame!!" I laughed, grabbing my sides now.

"Yeah but we were little. Are we going to look through it or not?!" He asked.

"Sure." I answered and followed him into his room.

---

Nick's POV

Thank you, Mother! I know she didn't plan it, but this little thing could help me out!

As Liz and I looked through this stuff, we found a bunch of old crap!

One particular thing was an envelope filled with promise letters...

"Look at this one! It says 'We the BFFABC's PROMISE to take each other to one important event in one's life." She read.

"I know how we can keep that promise..." I stated smiling.

"HOw?!" She looked at me flustered.

"Well I missed Prom and that is really important to any High School kid, right? In fact, I missed all of High School...So in order to keep this promise will you let me take you to prom?" I asked, fully confident.

"Um..."