I Thought This Would Be Easier

For some odd reason, I was terrified to step onto the plane. Maybe because I was about to make this biggest risk and/or mistake of my life...

I was headed for Dallas, Texas and I was about to do something I NEVER dreamt I would do.

All this time I had been friends with Nick and I didn't realize that I was incredibly head over heels in love with him? Why is it that the second he leaves me to travel home, the thought pops in my head?

That is the answer I am seeking.

There was not much to do on the plane. Within the first half hour I was asleep. What can I say? I'm not one to take boredom easily. All I did was shut my eyes and BAM! Insta-sleep. I probably looked like an idiot to anyone watching me on the plane because I was definatly smiling in my sleep.

* It was the summer of 2000. In the Jonas backyard. Me in pigtails and a skirt the guys all in baggy shorts. "LET'S PLAY TAG!!" Joe shouted. "Why not?" I shrugged. "NOT IT!" We all screeched unanimously. "i'll be it..." Kevin whined.

Nick, Joe, and I all dashed different ways. "You'll never catch me, you pirate!" Joe yelled. We all stopped dead in our tracks. "You're a pirate, Kevin?" I asked. "Apparently so. Arrg." He laughed and the game continued.*

*The day was scorching hot. It was that time of spring that feels like summer. The spring of 2001. And I was crouched underneath the Jonas porch. "Liz, I'm gonna hide in the woods. Wanna come?" Nick asked. "You know what your mom said-no playing in the poison ivy. And plus there's tons of snakes in those woods!" I schreeched.

"Baby." He whispered and dissapeared into the woods. Ten minutes later Kevin, Joe, and I were screaming for him to emerge from the woods or we'd tell his mother. "I'm coming don't be so loud!" He stated, "I'm so ichyyy." "Told you." i said.

"You told him, what?" Kevin asked. "Not to go into the woods because of the poisonous snakes and mean ivy. I mean poison ivy and mean snakes." I said. "Whatever, Liz. I'll be fine." he smiled. The next day I wasn't allowed to go to their house for Friday movie night because Nick had Poison Ivy.*

"Miss? Wake up. We are landing now." The flight attendant lady said, slightly shaking me.

"Oh, thank you for waking me up!" I smiled.

"No problem dear. Do you mind if I sit?" She asked.

"Not at all."

---

"Woah." I muttered under my breath, hoping the taxi driver wouldn't hear. This is the strangest day. I became friends with a flight attendant named Liv and I was on my way to tell my former best friend that I loved him. Crazy how life can turn on you, eh?

---

When the taxi pulled up to the Jonas' Texas style mansion of a home, I handed the driver his pay and a grateful tip. Struggling with my bags I finally made it to the door.

As I walked up the steps, the thought occured to me. I have no idea of how I am going to tell Nick this. I shook my head and thought, "This is all so strange. Two weeks ago I hated him and couldn't stand the sight of ANY of the Jonas'. I never even wanted to speak to him again.' Love is so stange.

I sat my baggage on the step and rang the doorbell.

"Coming!" I heard Mrs. J sing.

"No! I got it!" Nick yelled. I sort of chuckled at how they are fighting to get the door.

"Liz?" He asked as the door swung open.

"Miss me?" I asked shrugging and making a shy smile.

"Ohmigoodness! Hey, Liz! Its great to see you!" I heard Selena say as she stepped infront of Nick to hug me.

Shoot me. Now.

Just friendsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara