E P I L Ø G U E

Tyler's POV

I yawned and stretched my arm out, touching the top of the car and training my eyes back onto the road in front of me.
Just a few more blocks. I thought and yawned again. Just a few more blocks and I can see Josh again, this business trip was way too fucking long.
I worked at a fairly large law firm type thing and I went on business trips quite often.
With this business trip, I had been gone three months.
I sped down the road, not caring if I broke traffic laws and ran red lights.
I stopped quickly in front of our house, climbed out of the car and ran towards the house. Our house was bright blue and smaller than most of the houses on our street. I fumbled for the keys at the front door, missing the lock several times before I managed to unlock it.
Josh's head whipped around and his eyes widened. "Tyler!"
He got to his feet quickly, stumbled over a few toys and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Hey, babe." I hugged him back and smiled. "I missed you."
He pressed his face into my neck and mumbled against it. "I missed you too. Please don't ever be gone that long again."
I lifted his chin up and kissed the tip of his nose. "I wont," Josh smiled. "Where's Evan and Ruby?"
"Their room," Josh said and we made our way to the couch. "Oh yeah uhm Ruby got a boyfriend while you were gone."
"What?" I said quickly and turned around. "Ruby! Come here!"
Ruby ran quickly around the corner, her sparkling blue eyes shining and her light red hair gleaming. "Yeah?"
I frowned at her. "So you got a boyfriend huh?"
Ruby paled. "Oh... Yeah I did."
"What's this boy's name?" I asked and narrowed my eyes at her.
"A-Alex," She stuttered. "But dad listen he's really nice and cute a-and-"
I laughed. "Ruby don't be scared okay? I'm proud that you have your first boyfriend. But remember if he breaks your heart I'll break his heart too," I paused. "And several other of his body parts."
Ruby laughed and shook her head. "Thanks, dad." Ruby ran off back to her room, leaving me and Josh alone in the awfully quiet living room.
"How where the kids while I was away?" I asked and turned to Josh.
"Good, as always," Josh smiled. "Evan had a small fit when I said we couldn't have donuts."
I splayed myself across the couch and rested my head in Josh's lap. "At least they're not babies anymore. Now that was the hardest three years of my life,"
Josh let out an airy laugh. "They may be 14 and 12 now but they'll always be my babies."
I shook my head and smacked a hand down on my face. "God that is so fucking cheesy."
Josh lightly tapped my mouth. "No potty mouth! There are children in this house young man!"
We both laughed at that and Josh laid down next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him.
I smiled. "I love you, Jishwa."
"I love you too, Tyjo," Josh whispered in my ear. "How long have we been married exactly?"
"Ten years, babe, ten years." I turned myself around and smiled up at him.
He smiled back. "Ten years, holy shit ten years," Josh started tearing up. "God, Tyler I love you with all my heart. Thank you for staying alive back then. Thank you for always keeping my world together."
I pecked his lips softly and smiled. "Anything for you, Jishy."
A silence fell between us but I could care less. I'd never felt safe like this before. Before Josh came around, I was a goner. I was so lost, broken and completely hopeless. He had became the only hope for me and I had become the only hope for him. We were each others lifelines. I still remember the day we met, even though it was probably over twenty years ago. A soft, contented sigh escaped my lips and my eyes slowly fluttered closed.
I was safe.

---

"Dadddddd!" A young voice yelled and my eyes flew open.
Evan stood over me with Ruby standing right next to him. I grunted and sat up. "What's wrong?"
"We're hungry!" Evan whined. "Can we go out and eat?"
"Of course. Let me get your father up and we'll get ready." I yawned. "Go get ready."
They both ran off and I leaned over and shook Josh. "Babe, get up we're going out to eat with the kids."
Josh grunted. "Five more minutes..."
I pushed him off the couch and he landed on the ground with a thump. "Get up you lazy potato."
Josh laughed. "Okay, okay I'm up!" He sat up and ran his hands through his faded purple hair. "Where are we gonna go to eat?"
"I was thinking the buffet down the street." I said and scooted off the couch to sit next to him. "That sound good?"
Josh nodded and leaned over to kiss my cheek. "Sounds perfect to me, Ty."
I smiled and stood up, pulling Josh with me. "Lets go now before the kids get mad."
Josh nodded and we both got our shoes, pulling them on quickly. "Evan! Ruby! C'mon let's go!" Josh called out and Evan came running to the door, Ruby trailing slower behind him.
Josh and Evan went out to the car while I trailed behind with Ruby.
"Honey what's wrong?" I asked but she didn't look up from the ground.
"Nothing, dad." She responded blankly.
"Ruby don't give me that 'nothing' bullshit okay? Tell me what's wrong." I insisted, stopping her before she got in the car.
"Alex called me while you and dad were asleep." Her face darkened. "He started calling me fat and ugly. He called me an overgrown strawberry and then broke up with me."
"Oh. Ruby." I dropped down to my knees and pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm sorry honey. Do you want me to beat him up for you?"
"No dad." Ruby chuckled. "It would be really nice if we could prank call him though."
"Sounds like an amazing plan, Ruby." I said and we both climbed into the car.
The drive to the restaurant was borning. Josh didn't talk and neither did Ruby or Evan. Once we got to the restaurant, we all sat down in a booth and ordered our food. Ruby still looked pretty down so to make her happier, I shot the paper off my straw and it hit her head.
She laughed and did the same to me, soon everyone joined in and we had a paper war. We all stopped when our hair was decorated with the paper and the waitress arrived with our food.
"I'm so happy." Josh whispered to me and took a bite of his food.
"Why are you so happy?" I asked softly as I watched Ruby eat her bacon burger.
"Because." Josh said and smiled. "I'm married to the love of my life, I have a hot as fuck husband and we have a beautiful family. I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the whole world, Ty."
I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. "I love you."
"I love you too." Josh said. "I'll always love you, Tyler. Always."

-

--

Thank you guys so so so much for 10k! I'm sorry for scaring you guys, I was in a bad spot last night but I'm okay now, promise.
Thank you guys for sticking with this fic, I appreciate all of the overwhelming support.
I love you guys!!
Stay strong, stay street and most importantly stay alive!
|-/