He nodded hesitantly. "But are y-you sure it's a good idea? I mean I don't think I can fac-"

Aahana shook her head and smiled encouragingly. "She won't be there Atharva. I promise." Her voice was just above a whisper.

"What if she-"

"Ugh Atharva. Shut up already or else I will kiss you."

And that made him seal his lips immediately.

Aahana laughed. "Aren't you the cutest?" She kissed his cheeks.

Atharva having taken off guard cursed under his breath and stepped back, before clearing his throat. "I think you should get ready."

"Yeah. I'll be quick." She giggled seeing his flaming cheeks.

Aahana hadn't been lying. Atharva was surprised when she came out of her room, wrapped in a gorgeous teal-colored saree. Her hair was simply left open, descending her waist and her face had the least makeup on. Yet nobody would look as beautiful as her in just 15 mins.

"Ta-da. I am ready." She announced and walked towards a gaping Atharva.

"You really are quick." He nodded in approval, still not believing his eyes.

She winked. "Let's go birthday boy."

He sighed and raked a hand through his hair before walking out and into his car. Aahana now could feel the tension roll off Atharva in waves as he drove to his parent's house.

Even she felt like it was a bad idea. What if Urvashi turned up suddenly? No... She shook her head.

By the time they reached, Atharva was a wrecking ball of nerves. Aahana turned towards him and gave the most reassuring smile she could muster up.

Atharva took a deep breath to calm himself. Okay, I can do it. No big deal. He repeated before getting out of his car. Aahana followed after him.

They walked up to the front porch and rang the doorbell, waiting. Aahana felt her eyes widen. She had forgotten to tell Atharva they were to leave shortly.

Shit!

Before she could speak a word, the door opened and they were pulled into the house by a very excited Nisha and Naina.

They were greeted by the whole family. Well, excluding Urvashi. She was invited to Atharva's birthday but the venue and timing had been altered to befool her.

Atharva let his eyes roam around and he was relieved when he couldn't find her. His questioning gaze zeroed on Aahana to which she gave a dazzling smile.

Poor Urvashi, Aahana thought.

"Alright. So today we all are here to celebrate Atharva's Birthday." Harshvardhan announced with twinkling eyes. "But they have a flight to catch so without any delay, let's celebrate."

"Uh, which flight is he talking about?" Atharva asked confusedly.

Aahana standing beside him gave a sheepish smile. "We are uh y'know... It's a surprise." She finally said.

He gave a blank expression. "Look, you wanted me to celebrate. Here I am but I am not going anywhere with you. Just cancel whatever plans you've made."

Aahana shook her head. "No, I won't cancel anything. We will leave in exactly 20 minutes."

Atharva was about to protest but he was called to cut the cake. He huffed and walked to the center of the room. All this reminded him of his childhood. He could still recall every detail of his birthday parties when his maa was alive.