Her eyes grew big and she could tell this was sensitive for me. Not pushing me to tell anymore, she gently set her hand on my thigh. It sent sparks throughout my whole body, making me tingle everywhere.

I tensed up at her touch and she said sadly, "I'm so so sorry for your lost." Seeing pain in her eyes. Something told me she knew how I felt, like she had been through something similar.

"It's fine. I mean, it was awhile ago so I'm basically over it." I reassured her as I lied through my teeth and put on a fake smile. But somehow she saw right through me.

"It's never fine." She said as she stood up and took my hands in hers, pulling me up so I would be standing with her.

She continued, "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm right here. Not only as your teacher, but as a friend too."

As I went to thank her, she put her hands on my waist and pulled me into a hug. Immediately responding, I lifted my arms above her shoulders and behind her neck and hugged her back.

She squeezed me tight like it was something she had needed too and I felt myself not wanting to pull away, but I knew I had to before I did something stupid.

As we both pulled away and put our arms down, our eyes connected making something in our bodies lighten up and we both started laughing.

And we weren't just laughing, we were uncontrollably laughing. Something that was needed to break the tension after those intense moments we had just shared.

As our laughter died down, and she continued, "So anyways, you said you had your own apartment? You're only what? 17?"

"Actually ma'am, I'm 18 now. But yes, I have my own apartment. It's only about a 20 minute walk from here so it's not too bad." I said with a smile, proud of myself for doing it all on my own.

We were both still standing up, but she was standing in front of me, leaning back up against the desk. "That's awesome. I wasn't your age too long ago, I was in the same situation. Had my own place, walked to school, partied every night." She laughed as she relived the memories.

"How old are you, Ms. Roman?" I don't know how the hell I had the balls to ask but I did, and I was hoping I hadn't pushed her away. But I saw her cheeks tug into a smile and those dimples I love appear again.

"23, Ms. Jones."

I knew she was young, but I didn't realize how close in age we were. As I went to reply, the final bell rang signaling to me that detention was over and to the rest of the school that they could finally go home.

I felt disappointed that I had to stop this moment between us, but I was also excited to talk to Lauren. I had just officially met her today and she was somehow already on my mind often.

As I turned around to start packing my bag, Ms. Roman leaned off of the desk at the same time causing her to almost trip on my foot.

It all happened so quickly but I wasn't going to let her fall, so I grabbed her and held her against me, leveling her out.

Her face became bright pink as she realized her head was resting against my chest as I held her up, our faces only inches apart.

I knew this was my cue to leave before stupidity kicked in, and took a few steps back. "See you tomorrow, Ms. Roman." I said with a head nod as I grabbed my backpack and headed for the door.

"Bye, Ivy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was leaning against the lockers next to the science teachers room, waiting for Lauren.

They must have had a bad last period because he made them sit there for an extra 10 minute after the bell rang.

As they all started to shuffle out, my eyes caught hers. "Hey." I said nonchalantly.

Her face lightened up as she said, "You came?"

Confused and embarrassed, I replied,"Um.. yes? Were you joking because I can go, it's totally fine."

She started to laugh and grabbed my hand, "I most definitely was not joking, Ivy. I just didn't think you would come is all."

Still holding hands, we walked to her locker and I waited as she got all of her things together. I casually stood next to her with my arm on the next locker over, holding myself up.

The halls were cleared for the most part, since nobody else had to wait extra in class.

As she got her things together, I surprised her again by continuing to stick to my word, and holding her things.

"No, no it's fine. I can do it, promise." She said trying to convince me to let her hold them, but no way was that happening.

I stopped walking and looked over at her kindly, "Lauren,"

She also stopped walking and looked back at me, "Yes?"

"I can carry it." I said smoothly as I continued walking again.

Her face heating up, I knew she thought I was going to say something else but that was all part of the game.

You gotta reel them out, throw them out, and reel them in again.

As we walked down the stairs, I was expecting to walk towards the student parking but she looked over and said, "I park in the teachers lot."

I started laughing and asked why and her answer was perfect.

"Just to be a badass." She said devilishly. Causing us both to burst out laughing.

As we made our way out, she pointed to a spotless white jeep and said, "That's my baby over there."

We walked over to it and she opened the back door, allowing me to set her stuff in the back. After she closed the door, she started, "Thanks for uh carrying my stuff and keeping me company."

I giggled at her shyness and reassured her it wasn't a problem, "It was my pleasure."

I was about to open her door for her when she put her hands on my shoulders, got on her tippy toes and gently kissed me on my cheek. "Well thanks anyways." She said with a smile.

I opened her door for her and she climbed in as we said our goodbyes. I waved to her as she drove off, but I could feel eyes on me.

I looked over and saw Ms. Roman staring at me as she stood by the school door, throwing down her cigarette.

I slowly walked up to her, "Now now now, did I just see a teacher not only smoke, but litter on school property?"

She giggled a bit, noticing Lauren was finally out of site and my full attention was on her.

As she started to reply, I cut her off and said, "It's okay, you don't have to answer that. It's our little secret." As I took my pack out of my pocket and lit up a cig.

She rolled her eyes at me and nodded her head towards the spot that Lauren's Jeep was parked, "That your girlfriend?" A hint of jealously rolling off of her tongue as she spoke.

"She'd like to be." I answered with a wink.

As she started giggling, I answered again, "I gotta get to work. I'll see you tomorrow, Ms. Roman."

"When we're not in class, its Viola, okay?" She said with a smile.

"Viola.." I let her name linger on my lips. "I like that."