It wasn't as  cold as the rain which covered his mourning devil body when Father Phillipe died. He also felt like an empty basin with a sponge, absorbing all the heavy outpour of the rain.

He felt empty.

~

V turned off the faucet and went out from the bathroom.

He found himself staring at his reflection of an old mirror beside his new bed.

Naked~

He reached for his back and felt the scar on it. A reminder of his incomplete being. A reminder of how his father exiled him away from home.

A lost kid. A lost devil. A lost son.

~~

~~

Few minutes later, V climed up the staira to look for the officer.

He heard a stirring teaspoon into a mug, and a smell of brewed coffee from boiling coffee maker.

~

With V's audible footsteps on the wooden floor, the officer called him and gave a command to head straight to the kitchen.

There, the lost kid found the officer eating lavishly to his heart's content.

~~

Officer Heavens:

      "Roasted duck is my favourite of all roasted feathery animals in this world. Join me, V."

~

V smirked.

~

V:

    "Roasted chicken for me."

~

Officer Heavens laughed.
V found the conversation ~ nonesense.

~

V stared at the man before him. He didn't seem like a man who eats too much judging from his physique.

Officer Heavens noticed how V looked at him. He drank his cup of coffee and wiped his mouth with a cloth.

~

Officer Heavens:

      "I eat when I'm weary. Food comforts me most."

~

V just nodded. Finding himself being polite to the officer made his inner devil voice cringed.

Comfort. The hug his cousin Jimin gave ~ at least he tried. Comfort. The life he used to have.
V started to wonder of what could possibly be the thing that made the officer weary.
He wanted to ask him a lot of things. But V just kept his silence. After all, having a conversation with a human was not his favourite hobby.