Chapter Eighty Three: Meant To Be

Start from the beginning

"Well, that was part of the reason too." Cameron smiled, pecking me on the lips. I just smiled, kissing him one more time before being interrupted but the doorbell.

"OOOH MY PIZZA!" I smiled, setting my glass down on the counter and running to the door. "SHAWN I'M USING YOUR MONEY!" I screamed, grabbing his wallet that was just sitting on the table near the door.

"WHAT? NO!" He screamed back, starting to get up from his seat. "TOO LATE!" I said, opening the door and paying the delivery man. "Keep the change." I smiled, closing the door.

"Uuughhh." I heard Shawn groan as I pranced into the kitchen, pizza in hand. "Sam can you get mine?" Emma called from the living room, currently looking for Mario Kart through a jumble of Wii games.

"Sure thing!" I said, setting plates out beside the pizza box.

"Out of my way!" Grace smiled, hip bumping me and grabbing a piece. "Looks good Shawn, thanks!" Hayes laughed, reaching over my shoulder to get a piece.

"I picked it out and ordered it, where's my thanks?" I pouted, looking over to see Hayes with a mouthful of food trying not to laugh. "Thank you babe, good choice." Cam smiled, pecking my cheek and grabbing himself a piece as well.

"See guys?" I said, turning towards the table of people, "Cameron appreciates me!"

"He's you're boyfriend, he has to." Nash laughed, Cameron passing him a piece of pizza as well.

"LISTEN!" I exclaimed, making them all laugh. "FOUND IT!" Emma screamed, running into the room. "Oh my pizza!"

"Yeah yeah, here you go." I laughed, passing over her plate."Thank you!" She said, kissing my cheek and taking a bite.

I looked over at Hayes as I took a bite of my slice. Emma was talking to the group explaining the crazy story of how she managed to find the Mario Kart disk and Hayes was watching her with a big smile on his face, probably not even listening to her story.

He was so utterly overflowing with love for her that he wasn't able to show for so long, that he was just so glad to have her back.

Emma had missed him so much it hurt her to think about how much she'd lost. But this was only a bump in the road for them, because they were strong and they could move mountains together.

------

"DONE! JESUS CHRIST THAT TOOK SO LONG!" Nash screamed, falling back in his chair. "That only took an hour Nash." Emily giggled and Nash just shrugged. "An hour, a week, a century, same thing."

"MARIO KART TIME!" Emma screamed, drying her wet hands from the dishes she had just washed. "YEEEEEEAH!" I screamed, pumping the air and we both darted off. "What strange human beings." Someone laughed.

We both jumped over the back of the couch and grabbed our remotes. "You forgot the disk." Hayes laughed, coming into the room and sliding it in the console. "Yeah that's probably an important part." Emma laughed, smiling at Hayes.

"Yeah, kinda is." He laughed, sitting down beside her. "I got extra batteries if anyone runs out!" Shawn said, holding up the pack of batteries from the kitchen drawer. "Wow Shawn, you really are always prepared." Cameron laughed, coming in the room with the rest of the gang.