Chapter Twenty Three: Is It To Late To Say Sorry?

Samantha's POV
The last few days were terrible. Nobody really said anything, Shawn never left his room, and Grace was glued to the TV watching The Notebook on repeat.

I've never seen anything like this. Everyone, just so sad. Depressed. It needed to change.

After supper, I walked down to Shawn's room. He didn't come out for supper. I sighed as I turned the knob slightly, carefully balancing the plate of food in my other hand.

I opened the door, seeing Shawn on his bed. The room was a mess. Clothes everywhere, bed torn apart, some crumpled up paper and broken pencils laying on the floor.

It looked like he was trying to write something. To someone. Suddenly, he strummed the guitar in his hands.

"Is it to late now to say sorry? 'Cause I'm... Missing more than just your body. Is it to late now to say sorry?" He sang the lyrics, his voice strained. It sounded like he had been crying.

"'Cause I know that I let you down, is it to late to say sorry now?" I interrupted, finishing the lyrics. I heard Shawn sigh as he turned to face me.

His eyes were red and puffy. I put the food on the dresser as I came to sit down next to him.

"Sam... I'm.." He started, running his hands through his hair. "Shh... I know." I interrupted, pulling him into a hug. I felt Shawn sob against my shoulder.

"I was just trying to protect you. I didn't want you to get hurt. But now you are, and it's because of me."

I felt my heart break at the sound of his voice. "It's okay. I forgive you." I replied, tears starting to fall from my eyes as well.

My grasp tightened around him as I spoke the words. I meant to comfort him, but really, I was trying to convince myself.

"How am I going to get Grace back?" He asked. "She won't even look at me." I sighed. "You've got to show her you care. But staying in this room all day isn't going to help. I know how to get Grace and you together again. And I'm going to do just that."

Cameron's POV
"Grace?" I asked, opening the door slightly. My heart broke at what I saw. Grace, thrown on the bed, crying.

It hurts to see anyone cry. But to see your twin, it fills you with rage. Empathy. Sadness. The person you shared the womb with, crying.

"Go away." She whimpered, tightening her grip on her pillow as if I were to drag her away. "Grace." I said again, sitting down next to her.

She sighed, sitting up. Her eyes were bloodshot red, bags under her eyes. I couldn't say anything. So I just hugged her.

I hugged her like it was the last time if ever see her. I hugged her like she was going to dissolve right into my arms.

"It hurts Cameron." She cried, hugging me back. "It hurts so god damn much." "I know." I replied. "And I'm sorry. This is my fault."

Grace shook her head as she leaned back. "No. No, it's not your fault. It's his." She spat the last word like it disgusted her.

"Hey. I know you're mad at Shawn. But he was only trying to protect her." Grace looked up at me confused. "Protect her from what?"

"Me." I answered. "I know I'm not the best guy. I know I've broken more hearts than breathes I've taken. He thinks I'll hurt Samantha." I breathed, my eyes watering.

"Will you?" Grace asked. She sounded so vulnerable. So afraid. "No." I replied.

"I won't hurt her. At least, I god damn hope I don't."

Nash's POV
"Emily?" I asked, walking into the kitchen. She sat there, a bottle of water in hand, staring off into space. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. Fine. Just... Thinking." She said, moving to escape the kitchen. I grabbed her wrist and spun her around.

"Now I know that's a lie." I whispered, searching her eyes for an answer. "Tell me." Emily sighed. "It's just, you guys will be gone in a week. Cameron's tournament starts back up tomorrow. I'm, I'm going to miss you guys."

I smiled. "We're going to miss you too. But we're not gone yet. Don't spend the rest of this week feeling down. It doesn't help anything."

Emily smiled. "It's just, everything seems to be going bad and, I don't know. I'm worried."

"Don't be. It'll all be fine." I reassured. "Is it? Can you guarantee that? 'Cause it doesn't look like everything's fine Nash." She spat, her blue eyes growing dark.

I stepped back, shocked. "Sorry." She whispered, her eyes growing soft again. "Like I said, I'm worried."

I laughed. "What can I do to reassure you that everything's going I be fine?" I asked.

I wanted to make Emily happy. She doesn't deserved to watch all her friends and family get hurt. Nobody does. But then again, I didn't know what to do.

All I knew was I didn't want to upset her.

"Show me." She replied, taking my hand. "Show me that everything's fine. Make everyone happy. I know it seems impossible, but they need it. You need it. I need it. We all need it Nash. They can't fight. They're friends. Family. Nobody deserves to feel what they're feeling right now. Nobody." 

I breathed, looking at her. Every inch of her beautiful face told me she was serious. It was funny, how one persons wish made you want to do it. Just to see them smile. Just to make them happy.

"Okay." I said, smiling as Emily's face lit up. "I'll do it."

And then, she kissed me.

A/N
EEEEEEEEEEKKKK!! Sorry, Namily finally kissing makes me happy.

Anyway, looks like everything's starting to get better.

Do you think Shace will get back together?

What will Shawn and Samantha do to show Grace Shawn cares?

Will everything be normal with the group again?

Thank you guys for reading this chapter!! I'm really happy that you guys like it!

I'm also happy about where this story is going, and how you guys feel a special connection with the characters. That's what I wanted.

To make you guys feel what they do, think what they think.

Oh, and to make this book the best it can be, do you have any suggestions on what should happen next?

If so, leave them in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,

-Kat