Chapter Eighty: The Talent Show

Samantha's POV
I peaked my head out of the curtains, scanning the auditorium. I smiled as I saw a huge crowd of people starting to pile into the room, taking their seats.

"You ready?" Nash asked, coming up from behind me. "Yea." I said, smiling. "I think I am." Nash just smiled back in response, looking out into the crowd.

"Man, this is crazy." He said. "Look at all those people." I breathed, nodding.

"Hey, you okay?" Nash asked, looking down at me worriedly. I took another shaky breath, nodding. "Yeah, it's just. A lot of people."

"Relax." Nash said, pulling me into a side hug. "You'll do great." "Thanks Nash." I said.

"Hey, don't sweat it. What are friends for?" He smirked, walking away to go join Emily and Hayes.

"Okay people!" Emma said, coming backstage. "It's showtime!" She exclaimed, a giddy smile playing on her lips.

"Okay Sam. Here's your mic. All you need to do is introduce yourself, the show and the first act." Emma said, handing me a wireless microphone.

"Which is?" I asked, totally forgetting. "Ummm..." She replied, flipping through pages on her clipboard. "Hayes' and Nash's magic tricks." I nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Break a leg." Grace smiled.

I smiled back at her, heading onto the stage. "Okay. Hey everybody!" I said, smiling nervously.

The crowds voices dialled down, all heads spinning towards me. "Welcome to the Lincoln Heights talent show! Some of you may know me, but for those who don't, I'm Samantha Gray." I spoke, my nerves slowly dying down.

"I'm the current captain for the girls varsity basketball team here at Lincoln Heights." I said. I opened my mouth to continue, but suddenly the crowd erupted into an applause.

I laughed, continuing my speech. "Thank you. Anyway, all proceeds made today are going straight to the girls basketball team for provincials. There's a small donations table if you would like to drop whatever cash you have on you. Any contributions are greatly appreciated."

"So, with that being said, I'm proud to announce two of my best friends, Nash and Hayes Grier performing a little bit of magic for you all." I smiled, walking off the stage as the crowd clapped and cheered.

Cameron smirked at me as I came backstage. I smiled nervously back, making him chuckle. He wrapped me into a hug when I got closer, making all my existing nerves melt away.

"You did great." He said, kissing my cheek and then my lips. "HELLO LADIES AND GENTS!" Nash screamed, making me jump back from Cameron.

I looked at him and laughed when I saw him dressed up in a full magician robe and a big pointy hat. Hayes walked on, wearing regular clothing and glared at his brother.

He sighed as he brought his microphone up to his lips. "Nash, I get what you're trying to go for, but you're not Merlin the fucking wizard." He said, making the crowd erupt with laughter.

I laughed as they attempted many different magic tricks, ending in cutting Hayes in half.

"I swear Nash, if this trick doesn't work." Hayes said, lying down in the box. "Relax dear brother," Nash said, using his best British accent.

"You shan't feel a thing." And then he commenced sawing him in half. The crowd cheered, Nash bowing as he split the two pieces apart.

"Thank you! I am the great Nash!" He said, running off stage. "Wait! You forgot to put me back together!" Hayes yelled as the curtain dropped.

I laughed, hugging Nash as he came towards us. "Nash that was great!" "You really thought so?" He smiled. "Are you kidding? Babe you were amazing!" Emily said, walking up to us.

I smiled as I watched them kiss.

"Sam! Sam! Pssttt! You're on!" Emma whispered. "Oh shoot!" I said, running onto the stage. "Another hand for Nash and Hayes Grier everybody!" I smiled. The crowd applauded as I heard mics being set up behind me.

"Now, give a very special welcome to Lincoln Heights very own, my step brother, Shawn Mendes!!" I said, clapping as I walked off the stage.

I smiled as I saw Shawn standing there with his guitar as the curtain rose. "Hey everybody, um, like Sam said I'm Shawn." He spoke, laughing awkwardly.

"I'd like to dedicate this song to my beautiful girlfriend Grace Dallas." He said, making the crowd swoon. Grace smiled as she came up beside me.

"This is called Kid In Love." He spoke, begging to play.

(I'm not gonna write the lyrics, y'all probably know them anyway.)

Grace had tears in her eyes as Shawn ended the song, the whole audience giving him a standing ovation.

He smiled as he walked off stage, coming over to hug Grace. "Babe I love it!" Grace wept, kissing Shawn. "I wrote it a little before we got together but never knew when to play you it. I guess this was just the perfect opportunity." He smiled, stealing another kiss from Grace.

"Aweee!" I said, wiping a tear from my eye. "YOU TWO ARE TOO FUCKING CUTE!" Emma shrieked, making them laugh. "Oh! Emma, you're on next!" I whispered to her before stepping on the stage.

"Shawn Mendes everybody!" I said, making the crowd erupt with cheers again. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my best friend Emma Parker!" I said, clapping.

Emma smiled as she walked onto the stage, borrowing Shawn's guitar. "This song is for someone very special." She smiled. "You know who you are." She said, looking off towards us. I followed her eyes and smiled as I realized she was looking at Hayes.

Hayes's cheeks reddened as Emma started strumming the guitar. "This is I'm Yours."

Grace and I shrieked, making Cameron and Shawn look at us in confusion. "Oh my god they are actual goals." Emily said, coming to join Grace and mines fangirl fest.

We all screamed and cheered Emma as she finished her song. "YEAH EMMA!" Grace and Emily screamed. "THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!" I shrieked, making Emma laugh as she came to hug us.

The rest of the talent show went by smoothly, and I smiled as I saw the donations bucket begin the fill up.

Emma and Shawn sang 'I Know What You Did Last Summer', a song that Shawn had wrote, to end the show. They got a standing ovation, everyone cheering for their beautiful voices.

I smiled as I closed the show by saying bye and thanking everyone for coming. I ran off stage towards my friends, a huge smile written on my face.

Hayes laughed at me. "Why are you so happy?" My smile grew even bigger. "The donations bucket is overflowing with money!" "Really?!" Nash asked, peaking his head out of the curtains to catch a glimpse of the bucket.

"Well we still have to count it and stuff." Shawn said. "Still! Guys, do you know what this means?!" I said, jumping up and down excitedly. They all shook their heads, not knowing where I was going with this.

"WE DID IT!"

A/N
AHHH!!! I am so proud of this chapter, I love it so much! 😂

Anyway, don't forget to favourite, comment and share this story with your friends! Also don't forget to hit that follow button if you haven't already!

Make sure to also check out Dakota's book 'Always'! IT'S SO CLOSE TO 1K LET'S HELP HER GET THERE!!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️