Chapter Fifty Four: Movie Surprises

Samantha's POV
"Ready to go?" I asked Emma as she got in my car.

Cameron had already picked up Hayes and was on the highway currently. "Yup." Emma said, buckling her seat belt.

"So, not to be rude or anything, but why'd you ask me to go to the movies with you?" Emma asked. "I mean, usually you ask Grace. And how come Grace isn't here?"

"I just knew you were still having trouble with the Hayes thing. Thought we could have a little day to take your mind off things. Grace isn't here because she's hanging out with Shawn today." I answered.

I had already thought over the answers to any questions she might have asked. I needed to make sure she didn't catch on to what I was planning.

"I'm not having trouble with the Hayes situation." Emma said. I raised my eyebrow at her. "Okay, okay. Fine. It's bugging me a little." I looked at her again, knowing 'a little' was an understatement.

Emma just laughed. "Okay! Stop! It's bugging me a lot. It's just... I really miss talking to him."

I nodded. "It's hard, I know." Emma sighed and laid back in her seat. "It's just, all you guys have gotten a happy ending. You and Cameron are dating, Grace and Shawn are together, Nash and Emily are... Well. I actually don't know. Are they dating?"

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know. I imagine we'll see something from them soon."

"But, anyway, like I said. You guys are all perfect. Why am I having so much trouble?" Emma asked.

"Hey. Don't think Cameron and I are perfect. We've gone through a lot to get where we are. We still have small fights too. Over studying, what movie we should watch on Netflix. We all have problems Em." I said. "That goes for Grace and Shawn too."

Emma sighed. "Yeah, I'm sorry. It's just..." She said, trailing off. "I know Em. I've been there. But things will get better. I promise." I said. "You better keep that promise." Emma said, smiling over at me.

"Have I ever let you down before?"

----
Cameron's POV
"Soo... Why'd you ask me here again?" Hayes asked me. "What? I can't ask my fellow friend to got to the movies with me?" Hayes glared at me.

"Okay fine. Nash wanted me to take you out to keep your mind off things." I confessed. Hayes sighed. "I wish he would just keep his nose out of things."

"Hey man. He's just looking out for you. Plus, this is good for you. You've been in that room for the past week. You need fresh air." I said.

Hayes grumbled. "I've been thinking. It's my thinking spot." I chuckled. "Listen man, I know you've been upset over Emma. You've got to talk to her man."

"Easier said then done. I doubt she wants to talk to me." "Hey, you never know till you try." I said, nudging him. He sort of shifted in his seat, away from me.

"Hey man. Lighten up. At least try to have fun today." Hayes ran his fingers through his hair. "Alright. I'll try."

I smiled. "So, anything new and exciting?" Hayes shook his head. "Not really. Been laying in my room or hanging out with Sky."

I nodded. "What about Nash? What's going on with him? Anything happening with Emily?" Hayes shrugged. "I don't know. He's acting kind of weird though. Emily and him have been hanging out recently, but that's pretty much it."

"Weird." I replied. "Tell me about it. Sometimes at supper he zones out and just sits there staring off into space. Must have something on his mind." Hayes said.

"Man. Last time he did that he was obsessing over football plays. Couldn't remember them for the life of him." "Oh yeah! I remember that!" Hayes said.

"Do you think it's something about a test? Maybe Emily?" I asked. "It's always a possibility."

I nodded. Suddenly I saw Sam's car coming round the corner. How'd she catch up so fast? I remembered the traffic jam that had us waiting for 10-20 minutes. She probably went through a short cut and avoided the traffic.

I prayed that Hayes didn't see them and kept driving.

----

We made it to the theatre and walked in, seeing a line up. Hayes groaned. "Great. Now we have to wait." I chuckled. "The lines not that bad bud. Calm down."

Hayes sighed as we stepped in line. I was looking down at my phone playing Colour Switch when I heard Hayes beside me.

"Is that Emma?"

Emma's POV
Sam and I walked into the movie theatre. I heard Sam sigh at the sight of the line. I looked too, my heart stopping as my eyes fell onto a familiar face.

"Is that Hayes?!" I hissed. Sam's face turned white. "What the hell is he doing here?!" Sam looked at me nervously.

"Did you plan this?!" "Umm..." She said, fidgeting with her hands. "Oh my god." I mumbled, turning around to leave the theatre.

"No! Emma! Please! Just give him a chance. You guys have to talk to each other at some point!" She begged.

"Sam... I don't know." I said. "Pleeeeaaassseeee!" She whined. I sighed. "Fine. But you owe me big time for this." "Yay!" She chirped. I groaned.

This sucked.

A/N
What's going to happen when Emma and Hayes finally talk to each other? Do you think things will work out for the better? Or will everything go spiralling down?

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to comment, favourite and follow for future updates!

Love you guys!

Xoxo,

-Kat

Editors Note: I leave for vacation in a few hours!! I'll see you guys real soon though! <3