Chapter 11

Trigger Warning. TRIGGER WARNING. (also short chapter, sorry !!)

**************************

"We need to move... and fast," Taehyung said. "We cannot waste any more time." They were sitting at Hoseok's dining table, files were spread everywhere on the mahogany table. Papers were stacked on each other and some were floating in the air with Hoseok's power.

"I understand, but we don't have any leads whatsoever." Seokjin reasoned. The assassin threw the thick papers in his hands onto the table. He leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest. "All of them came out as false and unusable."

The mind reader floated around, he was miffed as well, not really knowing what to do with false leads and fake information that they had in their possession. Taehyung sighed and tried to remember what had happened when they were in Brooklyn. He remembered the scientist that made him and the leader of Cipher. He traced it back to HYYH and something inside him clicked.

"Duncan Stoll." He blurted out. Seokjin looked up quickly, clearing recognizing the game. Taehyung explained how they met the digital version of the Russian scientist and how he knew what was going now before he had gotten destroyed by the bomb. He also mentioned "Project Red Star" which Hoseok supplied as a secret project that was disclosed for all agents in HYYH, even Namjoon did not know about the project. Hoseok was just curious and even managed to find out the secret project one day when he was looking into everyone's minds, trying to clear off information about the recent attacks on the bases they built.

"Who was it?" Taehyung and Seokjin asked. "Who was the man that knew the information? If we can find out who he is, we can find out what the algorithm and the project meant!"

Hoseok tapped his chin, crossing up his legs in mid air, his yellow energy was spreading around him now as he tried to remember what happened on that day. He closed his eyes and the yellow energy began to glow and dissolve around him. He was thinking, recounting the events on that particular day.

"Pierce." He said after a few minutes of thinking. He opened his eyes and he landed on the ground. "His name was Harrison Pierce."

Seokjin puckered his lips. "I know this man. If my memory proves that I am right, he would be meeting with Fletch Commerwell tomorrow at ten." Taehyung looked at the man, he knew Harrison Pierce. Apparently, that agent was his friend for quite sometime before he got promoted by the secondary head of the whole operation. But then again, no one actually knows who the hell the secondary head was. Harrison became cold after he got promoted, getting less and less talkative and more serious and cunning, only God knows what is going through that thick head of his. Taehyung never got back to the man, he never talked or even bothered.

"We have to make a move," The soldier shot up from his seat, his hands on the table. "Jimin isn't going to wake up soon..." His energy then faded away. He realized how bad of a teammate he was to Jimin, coming back home and just going on and on about their next move and plan and not caring about the speedster.

"It's not your fault. I was the one who tried to contact him in midst of panic." Hoseok reasoned. "I was in too rushed to create a spell that would be safe." He placed his hand on Taehyung's back, the soldier shrugged it off. His eyes not leaving the table.

"We will start soon. We have to lay low for now... and you," Seokjin pointed at Taehyung. "and you have to get yourself up." With that, the soldier stood up, going towards the bathroom next to the bedrooms, he walked past Jimin's room, only to see him lying on the bed, his body not moving at all. The guilt was already tearing his sanity and self away, he could feel it creeping a t his heart, threatening to squeeze it dry.

He closed the door of the bathroom, locking it quickly. The click seemed so satisfying for him. He slumped down to the ground, his tags jingling. He took a glance at it, curling the chain around his fingers. They seemed to dent and broken.

Like him.

Taehyung felt that he needed to vent. It was something he had not done since... since Jung kook was alive. He did not have any force to drive himself up every morning until he was appointed to HYYH, he had gotten that force back by a small percentage. It was a lot to ask for someone who does not exist anymore, Taehyung just missed holding onto his friend who just constantly pranks him, scolds him, takes good care of him. The urge returned, the one where he saw blood running down his arm. He found that really appealing, although Hoseok had stopped him before he could do anything else. He stood up shakily, going towards the white sink and opening the cupboard above.

He saw pill bottles, tooth brush and tooth paste. He rummaged around finding an old fashion razor blade at the corner for cutting open tight bandages. Taehyung took it, the cold metal felt foreign on his fingers. He took it out, examining it. He did not want to do it, but he understands that wounds do not actually affect him. He had been desensitized by some type of pains since he had gone through quite a lot. Small pains do not really affect him anymore. He pressed it on his arm, drawing blood as he repeatedly did so. Soon, beads of blood decorated his arm, there were strings of it just going around his arm and to the sink. He quickly stuck his arm into the sink and turned the tap. The cold water stinging his freshly made wounds until the blood was fully washed off, only a dull throbbing pain was left on his arm.

He rinsed off the rest of the diluted blood in the sink and cleaned off the razor, he made sure he placed the blade at the exact place and closed the cabinet. He took a look at his arm once again, five distinct lines could be seen, the skin around it was irritated, turning into a pinkish and red shade. The brunette ignored it and stepped into the shower, not really caring to dress up his older and deeper wounds. They would heal up soon enough anyway.

*

As he got out of the shower, Hoseok passed him a set of clean clothes, the mind reader smiled at him as Taehyung changed quickly, slipping into a black short and white pants. he had the twoel strung on his neck, his hair still wet and dripping.

"You seemed much better cleaned and awake." Hoseok complimented.

"You can never stop with your complimenting, can't you?" Taehyung chuckled.