Chapter 13

Warning: Attempted assault (there's only so much I can give away without ruining the plot.)

Tony had toiled a lot over knowing how you had managed to eliminate every single werewolf in the pack with only Dean by your side. However, none of his queries were entertained by any means.

The ride back to the city was too long to finish on an empty stomach so when Dean stopped to get gas, you went out to go get something to eat. The tiny shop at the gas station seemed eerily deserted, but given that it was four thirty in the morning, you shrugged it off.

You piled the stuff you had bought for the boys and yourself on the counter. You had even went out on a limb and bought something for Tony; the man had just seen and killed werewolves, he had to be hungry.

Looking down at what you had got, you realized you hadn't got anything numbingly sweet and you could practically hear Dean grumbling on and on about how he absolutely needed his sugar after such an exhausting hunt and how nobody cared about him. Sighing, you turned around, making your way back to the aisles to look for future diabetes.

You were a little hesitant about going back; the presence of a certain shabbily dressed man who kept openly staring at you while you picked out your stuff rendering you more than uncomfortable. To top it all off, the two of you were the only ones in the shop.

You almost jumped when you found what you were looking for, relieved that you could finally leave the forlorn place.

Things decided to take a different turn before you could do so. You felt your hand being twisted behind you and your back pushed against a hard chest. A hand clamped over your mouth and you were dragged to the furthest end of the building. It was only when he set you up against the wall that you were able to identify him as the same shabbily dressed stranger from before.

His strength was nothing compared to what you could do, but if there was a chance that you could get out of this without being tomorrow's news headline, you wanted to take it.

All prudence, however, was thrown out the window the moment the man's fingers found their way inside your shirt and his lips brushed down your collarbone. You pushed him off yourself, holding him by the throat. Your strong grip granted him no movement whatsoever.

Gold lit up the (Y/E/C) of your eyes; the same surrounded the two of you in swirls which ultimately rebounded on itself and blasted off, causing the glass panes in the windows to shatter into thousands of jagged shards.

-

"What the hell is taking her so long?" Dean's fingers were tapping incessantly against the steering of his car. "She's probably getting you your sugar fix." Sam scoffed.

When the sound of breaking glass was heard, the two men immediately identified the familiar gold and rushed out of the car with Tony right behind them, even though he had been told to stay back.

The sight of you holding your arm out; golden swirls emancipating from it, supporting a man's form mid air, stopped the men in their tracks.

"(Y/N), you don't wanna do this." Dean cautiously approached you. They knew better than to physically hold you down at this point, it was evident that you weren't quite yourself.

"(Y/N) let go! You're going to kill him!" Sam was yelling, he could see the man's situation descend. He was slipping in and out of consciousness and his skin was beginning to form strange markings, as if every vein and muscle in his body wanted to rip right out of him.

You felt a hand on your shoulder; looking down at it, your eyes followed the arm to it's owner, only to meet Tony's eyes.

"(Y/N), hey, look at me. You have to stop." He whispered. He didn't know what he was doing, he didn't know why he was doing it, the only thing he knew was that if it would help you, he was more than ready to do it.

"You are not scared?" You asked in a monotone voice.

"Are you kidding? I'm scared for my life right now." Tony stepped a little closer to you, "But I trust you. I know you won't hurt me."

A deafening silence followed, during which Sam and Dean stared at Tony like he was on a suicide mission.

The tears welling up in your eyes found a way out. The man fell to the ground as you exited the shop hurriedly and with an affirmative nod from the two men, Tony went after you.

"You say a word to anybody, you're next." Sam pushed a stack of bills towards the cashier, just in case the threat wasn't enough.

The trauma of the incident was still pouring out in the form of tears, so when your phone started ringing obnoxiously, you naturally threw it at Tony, who was seated right beside you in the car. He looked over to you for guidance but when he received none and when he saw Steve's name on the screen, he decided to answer it.

Steve had been worried when he didn't see you for an entire day and his worry morphed into anger when you didn't answer any of his calls or texts. Now that he was hearing Tony's voice on the line when he expected to hear yours, his temper was pushed over the edge.

"Tony? What are you doing there? Where's (Y/N)?"

"Cap, I don't think now's really the time..."

"Give. (Y/N). The phone."

Tony flinched at Steve's tone and indeterminately handed you the phone. "Steve?" You softly called out, hoping the tone of your voice would convey your need for seclusion but what came next hadn't been in the least of your expectations.

"Where have you been? You go off with your friends without so much as telling me where you're going!? Do you realize how worried I've been all day? And why is Tony even there? I thought you hated him. Do you, for one moment, think of anyone but yourself?" He was practically yelling by the time he finished.

"Steve." Your voice had taken the dangerous stoic tone again, "I don't think we should talk for a while."

"Hey Dean?" You said when you spotted the man in the driver's seat, "You still have that cellphone you got me for my birthday?"

"You mean the one you refused to take because it was stolen? Yeah, I still got it. Why?" Dean tried keeping the air light, even though all he wanted to do right now was hug you and never let go.

"I guess I'm gonna need that." Your eyes were trained on the phone in your hands, which was surrounded by the same gold mist as your eyes and was melting away.

"You okay?" Tony gently took your hand in his, once the phone had completely dripped off it. "Yeah, I'm fine." You sniffed, wiping the remnant tears from your face, your lips finally blossoming into a smile. "You know what? I'm gonna take you on a vampire hunt on our second date."

A/N: Thank you for bearing with me I know it was a long one. All suggestions and constructive criticism is always welcome, as per usual.