I can hear enais in the background pleading to diallo to give her the phone back.

I laugh . "okay okay , ya'll hurry up before my cousins eat all the treats."

"okay. i'm just down at that soul food joint , getting a lil' takeaway meal." he replies.

I hear in the background, the little bell that rings when you enter the restaurant.

everyone in town knew pookie's soul food was the best restaurant and takeaway .

that's when something clicked in my mind.

"diallo , do you think you could do something for me out of the kindness of your heart?"

I can already see him rolling his eyes.

"what now? you want me to paint you a picture?" he asks with a whole lotta sarcasm.

I smack my lips. "no, something easier than that."

"okay... hurry up and say because i'm about to order." he rushes.

"okay, could you get like a whole lot of food for me, and bring it to the house?" I ask. "we forgot to cook proper food and only have little treats and snacks which isn't very filling."

he sighs.

"i'll pay you as soon as you arrive." I add, biting my lip.

"i'm only doing this for your moms. " he surrenders.

"and me. " I innocently say, smiling.

"that's what you think. " he scoffs. "get off my line though girl."

"it ain't even your line. it's enais' damn phone." I cackle.

he laughs at himself . "okay , whatever. i'll see you in 10 minutes."

I hang up and for some reason I couldn't stop smiling. diallo always found a way to make me laugh without trying.

"what are you so giddy about?" lizzie questions, walking over to me with a half-eaten cupcake in her hand.

"enais' and diallo ; her older brother are coming and diallo's bringing
food for everyone. " I reply.

"that's nice of him. what kinda food? "

"the soul food spot." I smirk.

lizzie's eyes widen. "pookie's?"

"uh huh. my mouth waters just thinking about it." I dreamily sigh.

"my mouth would water too but i'm wearing this kylie jenner lip-kit and can't afford to be letting any water come near these luscious lips." she says.

I roll my eyes as she struts away to dance with montana and ebony.

uncle sammy was now engaged in a conversation with vanessa by the speakers whilst mom, dawn and whitney were still gossiping and sipping on champagne.

everyone stacked their presents for mom by the patio door so I went over to the colourfully wrapped gifts and read all the names on the tags.