Chapter 7

"You have an extra bed right?" She asks peering up at him. "Yeah... I do." He says putting his gun down. "Do you mind if I stay with you? Hotch and I got into an argument. He's being a bit contentious. We need the night apart." Emily says pleading him with her eyes. "Yeah. Of course. Come on." He says as waving her to his room. She nods quickly following him before Hotch could stop her. She didn't even want to see his face. Morgan closes the door behind Emily then turns to look at her. "Emily..." he says quietly as she sits on the clean bed. She looks up at him with tears rimming her eyes. "Do you wanna talk?" He asks sitting on the edge of his own bed. Emily bites her lip again. Enough to draw blood. "Hotch has just been having a rough time." She says straightening her back. "A rough enough time to hit you?" He asks kneeling down in front of her to look and the bruises covering her faces and handprint bruises on her neck. She looks up at him with a look of horror filling her face. "Please just don't tell anyone. He's going to stop I promise. We are going to work on things, Morgam. We are." She says placing her hand on his resting on her knee. He gives her the sympathetic look and pulls into a big hug. She buries her face in his neck and holding onto him tightly. He holds her when when a slight sob escapes. He tightens his grip and she cries even harder. "I don't know when things went wrong" she let's out pulling away wiping her eyes. "Get some sleep Em." He says pulling back the blankets for her to get in. She gives him a thankful smile and lays down pulling the blankets around her thin frame. He gives a small kiss to her hair and waits for her to fall asleep. Once her breathing regulates he gets up and walks out of the room. He knocks on Hotch's hotel room door and minutes later a sleepy looking man appears at the door. "Yes Morgan?" Hotch asks. It was obvious he was sleeping. He was wearing a white t-shirt and boxers. "We need to talk. Now." He says trying his best to keep quiet not wanting to disturb the other profilers. "Morgan we have an early morning. I can't do this right now." Hotch says trying to avoid an argument. Morgan pushes past Hotch and stares at him with arms crossed. "Sure. You can come in!" Hotch says sarcastically then shuts the door. "What the hell man? That is your wife in there!" Morgan says trying not to yell. They don't need world war 3 breaking out in a hotel.....