Chapter 2

The next morning Emily sits at the dining room table sipping her coffee reading the paper. Her cheek hurts like hell because of the hit she endured the night before. It has only swelled a little bit but it has already began to bruise. It is not pretty. She is in the middle of an article when Hotch appears in the doorway. He didn't change out of the clothes he had wore the day before, his hair was a mess and had serious bags under his eyes. Aaron Hotchner was hungover. Emily didn't remove her eyes from the paper but clearly tensed. "Emily." He states more as a statement than a question. She looks up at him and his eyes widen a tiny bit. His worst fear has come true. He had hit his wife. He slowly walks over to her and sits in the chair next to her. Her eyes follow his every move. Hesitant of what might come next. His hand slowly comes up to her cheek. He runs his finger over the cheek his hand has connected with and she visibly winces at the pain. "I did that?" He asks almost inaudible. She slowly nods her head not meeting his eyes. "Oh Emily I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He says trying to get her to look at him. "It's fine. You were drunk. It's over with." Emily pushes back from the table and walks to her room. Leaving her half full coffee, half read paper and a distraught husband. Emily locks the door once again and climbs onto the big bed. She pulls out her phone and dials JJ's number. Once the blonde picks up Emily speaks. "Hey Jayje... can you come over?" Emily asks rubbing her neck. "Of course Emily. I'll be there soon." JJ hangs up and heads to car. Emily burrows into the mountain of blankets on their bed. She closes her eyes replaying the night before. Her breathing becomes rapid and her chest tightens. Everything starts spinning and she can't breathe. Emily is having a panic attack. JJ runs into the room and immediately sits next to Emily. "Em, honey breathe. Deep breaths." She pulls the brunette into her side and rubs her back calming her down. Once Emily's breathing regulates and she stops shaking she leans away from JJ running her hands over her face. "I'm sorry." She mutters leaning against the back of the head board. "Don't be sorry Emily. It happens. We all have panic attacks." JJ softly. No. Emily doesn't. Emily Prentiss-Hotchner doesn't have panic attacks. She's unbreakable. At least, she used to be. When JJ catches a glimpse of Emily's cheek rage fills the pit of her stomach. "Emily who did this to you?" She asks already knowing the answer. Jennifer needed to hear it from Emily before anything. "Hotch." Emily says but immediately looks up. "But he was drunk. He didn't mean to. He just got really angry. It was only one time." Before Emily finishes JJ is walking out of the bedroom towards the living room that held Hotch.....