Chapter 10.

"It would be awesome if you delivered it today," Amy said over the phone.

"I will be there in two hours ma'am." The delivery guy confirmed.

"How long?" Kieran asked.

"Two hours." She responded.

"Will you be paying for the surgery too?" Kieran asked.

"Yes, I will. Is there a problem?" She enquired.

"No problem at all. I wanted to pay for it." He said and got up to leave.

Amy stopped him as he was about to open the door. "I know we are at work but it's past working hours anyways. So I am thinking of an orange."

Kieran closed the door a smile lingering on his face as he walked towards where he was previously seated.

"If you are thinking of an orange then I am thinking of a bridge."

Two hours later, the rhyme battle was still going on with no one backing down. Amy loved a good challenge and so did Kieran.

A knock on the door is what brought them back from the bubble they had created.

"Get in." She called.

"Your delivery ma'am." The delivery guy said handing her the package.

"Thank you and sorry for troubling you with the late delivery." She said while offering him his payment and a tip-in two separate envelopes.

"It's okay. All in the days work." The delivery guy said taking the cash.

"Let's leave for the hospital now Kie. Are the twins coming?" She asked after the delivery guy left.

"Kieran's muffin when you call us the twins you making us sound ten," Rylan said walking into Amy's office.

"Sure I know you are in your late ten's." Amy mocked.

"You never said she was sarcastic too. Kieran's sarcastic muffin." Ryan cut in.

As Amy was in front of them she flipped the bird at them with her free hand.

"Ooh."

"Ouch."

"I bet you do that every night with Kie man here." Leave it to Ryan to have his mind in the gutter always.

Amy appreciated their playfulness, it made the job somewhat better.

"Back to business. Are the doctors all set up Rylan?" Amy asked when they stopped in front of the elevator.

"Yes, they are prepping for surgery. I have a live recording if you wanna see it."

"Have you told Jimmy about this?"

"No, not even his wife. Just like you wanted." Ryan answered.

"Good. Do you guys think you can rush this to the hospital for me? I got someplace to rush to." She asked.

Kieran did not answer but just looked at her. Ryan took the package and off they left with Rylan.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked.

"No Kieran. This is something I would love to do all alone." She said after considering it for a minute.

"Muffin, what happened to the trust?"

"I trust you, Kieran. I just want to be alone and do this alone."

"What was it you said about you wanting to be alone? Let's go muffin." No objection. Just a smile that showed how relieved she was because he offered to follow her.