Chapter 40.

"Your daughter has a mother. You don't need to fight for her." Sean gave a weak comeback.

"And the mother killed my son," Kieran said then walked out of the room they were in.

A while later grandpa walked to Sean's room as he needed to cover his tracks once again.

"Hey, son. What going on?" He asked taking a seat next to Sean.

"Nothing just waiting for the heat to go down before taking the next step." He lied as his thoughts were on the son Kieran claimed was killed.

"Forget that step. We need to clean house. We have a lot of freeloaders with us and the fewer we are the better." He explained.

"What do you have in mind?" Sean asked sitting upright to get more instructions.

"I trust your judgment. Cut anyone you feel is not pulling their required weight loose." He ordered.

"Everyone we have here has a purpose grandpa. Amanda deals with guns, Fortes, they are my parents, the guards and Kieran is funding the mission."

"Son, you gave the kill order for your parents. Forte's are not your parents." He got up walked to the door then turned to look at Sean. "Cut them loose."

Amy made a stop at her old house before proceeding to meet Victor and Autumn at the house she had placed them. She had also made sure to get everything she needed from the safe.

"Anyone home?" Amy called after getting in through the back door as always.

"Amy, we were not expecting you," Victor said walking down the stairs the moment he had her voice.

"Yeah, I was just passing by. Do you have a moment?" She asked gesturing at the couch.

"Sure. What's going on?"

"I am here to clean up some loose ends." She said moving her hand to the back.

Victor shot up from his seat his hands outstretched, "Amy. What are you doing?"

She chuckled. "Sit back down old man." She said retrieving the envelope that was in her back pocket.

Autumn had gotten down and joined them right after she had finished nursing Lilan.

"This envelope has your new life. Untraceable identity for the three of you. New credit cards, birth certificate and everything you need to be a legal citizen of any country." She told them. "I have caused your family nothing but pain and I am hoping that this action redeems me of any grudge you have against me."

"A new life anywhere we want?" Autumn asked.

"Yes, Autumn. Anywhere."

"At what cost?" She asked.

"None. Consider it an apology for bringing you into this mess."

"I understand what you mean Amy. Although this mess as you are calling it happened when I met your mother in the hospital yard nursing her baby girl as I waited for mine to decide it was time to come out," Autumn explained. "Lily and you met way before she was born. We might have not known it then but Amy you did save my daughter's life multiple times." She sighed.

"At least we got twenty years with her." Victor started. "Were it not for you we wouldn't have had the bonus few years we had." He took Amy's hand. "We got an extra four years since the first incident thanks to you. The pain of losing a child will never grow any less however, how you choose to look at it is what matters." He turned to look at his wife. "I can't count the number of times we heard her cry at night and none of us would console her until you walked through the doors and everything always became okay. Amy, they viewed Lilly as your weakness but we saw you as her strength, the anchor she needed to move on."