Chapter 6.

It had been almost two weeks since Amy took over the company. With everything going on at the club, life had gotten a little too busy.

Amy's presence was required at a charity ball that night, which sponsored several orphanages around the country.

A knock on the door brought her back from her reverie.

"Come in." She called.

"Ma'am we have a situation."

Amy stopped what she was doing to look at Latif's uneasy posture and a face that screamed bad news.

"Block B has been taken down," Latif said with an edge in his voice.

"The jiu-jitsu building?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"How many people were in there?"

"We are assuming just one. The guard said, only Agent..." Latif trailed off.

"Agent?" Amy persisted.

"Agent Moss was in the building ma'am," Latif said.

That statement alone had Amy bolting up from her seat.

"The real issue is that since it was a bomb that went off, it got the presidents and the whole country's attention and.."

"And Mr Ross is no longer there. This is all Sapphires doing. The police?" Amy cut him off.

"It's our case for now," Latif stated.

"What do you mean for now?"

"People will want answers eventually."

"D..did um," Clearing her throat. "Did anyone survive?"

"I'm heading to the crime scene now, nothing is confirmed yet."

"Update me as soonest as possible," Amy instructed.

"What about the white house?" Mr Latif enquired.

"Leave that to me." She said before grabbing the laptop and signing in to the database for some fast research. Kieran would be taken care of, she needed to take care of their future.

Walking out of the office Amy knew that her personal life was bound to get mixed with her professional life. It was the only way.

While in her car she retrieved her phone and dialled Lily's number.

"Amy! Where the hell have you been?!" Came Lily's 'hello'

"Hello to you too Lily," Amy responded.

"Amy!" She warned.

"I'm on my way to your place. I know you want an explanation so be there soon."

"How soon?" Lily asked.

"Two and half hours tops."

"Okay but you will be staying for dinner parents are home today and they were asking about you."

"Okay." Amy agreed then hang up.

That is what she wanted.

She could have been flown there but that would make Lily suspicious so she opted to drive. She needed the drive, just her and the road.

Three hours later she was knocking on Lily's door.

"Amy! It's been so long dear," Lily's mom, Autumn acknowledged.

"Autumn! I have just been busy." Amy said taking in the motherly hug.

"Sorry, we could not come to the burial. We were tied up in conferences and all." Autumn said apologetically.