Chapter 38.

"Ryan? I knew you would eventually find your way to this group." Mrs Whittaker said.

"Guys," Brandon whispered. "Are we not concerned?" He asked.

"No need to be. Although I have questions." Ryan said before introducing her. "This is Mrs Whittaker the first. Mira Lively Whittaker, Ma'am the team. How are you alive?"

"Long story which I will only tell once after we get my granddaughter back," Mira said before helping herself to a seat.

Willford got up and walked towards the door Mira came in trying to understand how she was able to bypass all the security systems set in place.

"I have the key and password honey. My son made sure I had them." Mira said.

"Will knew?" Ryan asked.

She laughed. "Yes, dear. Now can we please get back to my granddaughter?"

"Yes ma'am," Liam whispered wanting nothing more than to bring Amy home.

Autumn waited until the area was clear before calling Amy. "There is something you need to know." She whispered in hopes of not drawing attention to themselves.

"Did you do what we talked about?" Amy asked.

"More." She paused. "Amy... Your grandfather is alive. He is the one calling the shots."

"Mmh?" She said in hopes of having heard her wrong.

"I met him at the hospital after your mom gave birth to you. Later we heard that he died but Amy whatever is going on here has everything to do with him." Autumn explained.

Amy was not sure how one was supposed to react or behave when the one person your parents never wanted you to meet is back from the dead. One thing was clear though, Amy did not like him. After the life, he put her father through and the ultimatums he gave them. None settled well with her.

Betrayal runs deep when it's by family. He would also face her wrath. How dare he sit and watch his family get tortured without helping. After a short while, Amy suddenly looked at Autumn. "Oh my God. Do you think he gave the order to kill them?" She asked Autumn her lips trembling from the thought alone.

"Amy, I am so sorry." Autumn soothed. "He is in charge here so chances are high."

"Okay." She paused. "What time did they say Lilan will be taken outside?"

"In an hour or so."

"Just pretend it's in the house back home. The SSD (secret service drills)." She told her.

"Okay."

One hour later Kieran came to pick up Little Lilan from Autumn. He turned to look at Amy. "As promised. Business starts after this right?" He asked.

"If he is well taken care of I will be a parrot." She told him.

"Twenty minutes enough?" He asked Autumn.

"Yeah, it's better than nothing," Autumn answered.

After Kieran disappeared Amy turned to look at Autumn gratitude all over her face. "I am sure they will be able to spot him the moment they get here, my standing orders stated Lilan was the priority. Thank you for the hairpin by the way." Amy told her.

Autumn was sending prayers to the one above asking for Lilan not to be caught in the crossfire. She trusted Amy so much to let her son go with a mere bodyguard.

A ping started going off in the S house the moment Lilan was hit by the first ray of sun. The silence was so loud to the point the ping became deafening. They all froze staring at the screen wondering what miracle had happened.