Chapter 31: JeRza

Y/n POV

     "According to my sources, a couple kilometers in there is a crack in stone walls that surround the cell. The cell that we will be breaking into is down the hall from Jellal. We will then have to sneak down the hall, pick the lock, smuggle Jellal down the hallway, and escape. Sounds easy enough, right?" I plan out in front of the hillside that leads to the prison. Starlight nods and turns to the hill, but on the other hand, Natsu and Happy look at me like I just spoke a different language. "Just do what I tell you, when I tell you to do it," I sigh. 

     "Aye captain! What is your first command?" they say and salute me. 

    "First we need to dig the hole, I-" I start to say, but I'm cut off by Natsu and Happy. 

     "Good thing we brought spoons, ay Happy! You're eating habits finally come in handy," Natsu says and starts to dig next to Happy. 

     "You're not much better, Natsu," Happy says sweat dropping. "You ladies can take over for Natsu and I when we get tired, this project may take us a while," Happy says turned around and looking at Starlight and I, we were both sweat dropping at the other dragon slayer-exceed pair. 

     "I think that I have a better idea guys," I say taking off one of the charms from my bracelet. "Step aside boys, this might get a little out of hand," I say and close my eyes in concentration. "Terra: Infirmi Terrae!" I shout and throw the bead. 

     The area where the bead had landed turned into mud. I walk over, pick up the bead, and clean it off on my shirt. "Moon and Star Dragon: Roar!" I yell and clear away the mud, a tunnel appears. "Ready?" I ask and turn to a shocked Natsu and Happy. "What? Digging with spoons would have taken us a week," I say and start walking down the tunnel, "Natsu, this tunnel gets really dark, could you lite your palm on fire? I can create light too if you are too tired."

Natsu POV 

    We walk down the tunnel in pure silence, the only noises coming from our footsteps and breaths. Starlight is the first to break the silence, "How far away is the prison, Y/n?" 

     She smells the air, "About a half a kilometer, we should be there in no time," she says and smiles, my face heats up. "Natsu, you've been strangely quiet. What's up?" 

     "Y/n, when you first joined Fairy Tail, you told us that you we're only a charm mage. Why did you hide the fact that you're a dragon slayer?" I ask, and try to look into her eyes. 

     She doesn't meet my gaze and bows her head, "Wait, I think I see something," she says and runs ahead of us. I don't move to follow her, neither do the exceeds. 

     Starlight sighs, "It's hard for her to think about it, she had her reasons. She regrets her decision everyday, she regrets the she put all of you in danger. Don't push her to reveal things about her past, she's still learning herself," Starlight says, "Now come on, we need to catch up to her," she says and starts flying after her. 

     I start running after the dragon slayer-exceed duo, my eyes on Starlight, but my mind on what she had said. What had Y/n lived through, what is she still going through?  I'm so occupied with my thoughts that I don't even realize that Y/n was right in front of me. I try to slow down to a stop, but I'm going to fast and crash into her and I close my eyes on impact. We both fall to the ground, when I open my eyes my face is right next to Y/n's. My cheeks flare up and I stare into her beautiful e/c eyes. 

     "Come on you two love-birds, do you want to finish this job or not?" Starlight asks. Y/n nods and I stand up and hold out my hand to help her up. She takes my hand, and after Y/n and Starlight walk ahead of us, Happy flies up my ear.