33

"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever"

-Dave Matthews Band-
~~~~

Spring was always Soomin's favorite season, but this spring gave off a different vibe than the previous ones. The weather was warm and soothing as usual, yet it failed to comfort her bitter thoughts.

Trying to ease her anxiety, she let the warm breeze gently caress her bare face, as if she was wishing that the spring wind would wipe away all the uneasiness she felt. She closed her eyes as the bright sunlight greeted her between the clouds once she stepped out of her house.

Sigh. Still no sight of him, she thought while having a quick glance at the house in front of her. Chin up, Kim Soomin! It's just a phase of life! Don't let this hormonal problem drag you down! Grabbing the straps of her backpack, she proceeded to walk down the pavement with a slightly clearer mind as her playlist started to blast in her ears.

After taking the bus for a couple of minutes, she stopped at her destination to meet her two annoying friends. It's going to be a long Saturday night, she thought as the girls in front of her gave her a similar fishy smile.

"Good afternoon, my love! Please put away that sour mood and smile brightly like the sun does!"

"You obviously spent too much time with Hoseok," Soomin said, cringing as Jiwoo sang out those cheesy lines in such a horrible tone. Actually, cheerful and playful Jiwoo was always a great mood maker for Soomin, yet it was kind of different when the annoying and noisy side of her continuously bombarded Soomin with lots of love advice.

"She's worse than Hoseok Oppa, though," Minyoung said as she checked the time on her watch. "Let's go, that's our bus."

Being forced to have a girls' night out, Soomin couldn't refuse but to agree with the girls' plan to have a movie night downtown. Yet, she was fully aware that at the end of it, the girls would give her a long speech about Yoongi.

And she was right.

Thanks to Jiwoo, who had enthusiastically told Minyoung about something that happened to her friend yesterday, now Soomin had to bear Minyoung's long, wise preaching the whole night.

"I have a crush on Min Yoongi."

Soomin choked on her fries as she heard those three words from Minyoung. Sipping her coke slowly to ease her throat, Soomin gave a disbelieving look to both of the girls.

"Say it," added Jiwoo, giving her a sharp look.

"No," Soomin said, trying to stay calm.

"I have a crush on Min Yoongi," Minyoung repeated.

"Seriously, stop it," Soomin put away her precious burger, closing her eyes tiredly.

"I have a crush on Min Yoongi," said Minyoung stubbornly.

Scooping a handful of fries into her mouth, Soomin munched on them fiercely while shaking her head repeatedly. She had mentally made an oath to not lose against her opponents tonight. In fact, after crying herself out last night over the troublesome guy named Min Yoongi, she had made a self-promise to not let herself be affected by this unnecessary drama. If Yoongi wanted to be selfish by doing and saying those things, then why couldn't she?

I won't bother myself again by questioning what feeling I have for him. I don't care and I don't wanna know anymore. I am a hella selfish girl for years, don't ever think that I will low myself for him.

"Are we done? It's kinda late. Let's go home."

"I think Cupid needs extra ordinary arrow to make a hole on her stone heart," Jiwoo mumbled as she grabbed her sling bag in upset way. "Well, life will always find its way. Just wait and see," added Minyoung calmly and loudly, earning a scoff from the targeted girl.

"Cupid who?" laughing devilishly while stepping out, she waved her hair arrogantly to the girls behind her.

Walking away to the nearest bus station, she was unaware that there was someone who was curiously eyeing her from above. Chuckling to their random conversation about Cupid, he approached one of his cupboard to get one of his precious treasure. "Let show her who Cupid is" he said while polishing the mesmerizing silver thing in his hand.

Warm breeze was slowly getting colder as the moon took the sun's domination. Almost reaching her curfew, Soomin took a little jog as soon as she arrived at the bus station near her house. She hummed cheerfully slipped as her mood was strangely getting better after successfully burning Jiwoo and Minyoung with her ignorance and stubbornness.

Let's keep that ignorant attitude in mind and I won't be bothered by this stupid situation. Yeah right. Keep that in mind Soomin. She said as she plopped herself into her bed. Looking at her balcony, she brave herself to step out. It's Ok Soomin. Everything will be Ok. It won't make you cry like last night.

Soomin stayed at her balcony, staring at his room for quite long. See, there is nothing to worry about. Smiling in relief, Soomin took a few more minutes to enjoy the night. Everything was fine till something caught her eyes.

The usually closed window was moved as it was pushed from inside. Frozen at her spot, she gripped the railing of the balcony while witnessing the window wide opened, revealing the face unknowingly she yearned to see for days.

Thump!

As if having something pierced her little heart in a sudden, it skipped a beat before it started hammering in rapid speed when her eyes perfectly met his sleepless eyes.

Dub-a-dub

His usual emotionless face was looked perfectly fine under the dim moonlight, making her knees became slightly weak. Having an urge to hear his voice, her longing of him was surely real. It was so real which made her wanted to jump out of the balcony and drown herself into his comfortable hug.

Fuck Cupid and his arrow

***