21

"Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read"

-Cassandra Clare-

~~~~

"you have no idea how much I long for this to happen..little princess"

A satisfied smile was plastered on Seokjin's face when he witnessed the miracle with his own eyes. At the end, love will always defeat hatred. He thought.

"Why are you showing me this?" asked the boy who was standing behind him, facing the familiar mirror placed at the corner of Seokjin's room.

"Tell him it's over. His long-awaited wish has been heard and granted."

"Him?" The boy, known for his calm and coldness, gulped nervously as a feeling of nervousness hit him like a truck. Secretly counting from 1 to 10 while taking deep breaths, he tried his best to not lose his cool in front of the man who had raised him since the first time he had awakened.

Sighing, Seokjin said, "Am I that stupid to both of you? Do you think I have no clue that once in a while you sneak into my room and play with my mirror?"

The boy was fully aware that denying would not help him in this kind of situation, especially when the person he tried to deceive was a man with countless eyes and ears. So he gave up, dropped himself onto the couch, and casually took some sweets served on the table into his mouth.

"So why don't you just show him this instead of having me here? I'm kinda busy right now."

"Playing around with some college girls and hanging around all day at that coffee shop? Yeah, you're so busy. I can see that," Seokjin poured tea into a cup before handing it to his companion.

"Now you're watching me. Great."

"Nah, sometimes I just wanna know who the lucky humans are that get your attention." The boy rolled his eyes and scoffed as he heard Seokjin's words.

It's been more than a hundred years since he had this role, and he hated it from the bottom of his heart. He was once a carefree and heartless nobleman who never laid his eyes nor his hands on other people. But the Deity had flipped the table for him by blessing him with His gift, making him one of the descendants of the Seven Lucky Gods, along with Seokjin and Namjoon.

"Namjoon knows."

The boy instantly threw his gaze at Seokjin.

"I know that somehow you are fond of that kid, so please help me make him stay away from any reckless acts related to his previous life before Namjoon cut him off."

Cut him off? Put him back to his eternal sleep? Nope. Not today! The boy ran his fingers through his hair in disbelief and got ready to find his little friend as he stood up from the couch.

"I'll take care of him, you take your part in handling Namjoon. Make sure he doesn't lay a finger on my friend."

His words made Seokjin smile. For a long time, finally, he could see a slight hint of love and care in the boy's eyes. Seokjin knew that choosing the kid was never a mistake.

"Oh, by the way, making it rain with thunder and lightning, giving her the umbrella before he came, and making him run under the rain so he could get a little fever was a good idea. A little savage, but meh... you made it."

The boy groaned in annoyance and was about to leave the room, but then he turned around when Seokjin spoke again. "One more thing, please hold yourself with your human friends. Just so you know, that tiny little friend of yours even needs a bigger safety box in his coffee shop because of you, Jungkook."

"You know that not even Namjoon has the right to control to whom I give my attention. To whom I use the gift the Deity has given me. So please don't mind me." He bowed politely and left the room to find his friend, Kim Taehyung.

~~~

"Can't you just ask him in person?" Jimin said tiredly as he rested his chin on his palms. It's been an hour since Soomin started interrogating him about his best friend, Yoongi.

To be honest, Jimin had no objection about this. In fact, he was beyond happy to know that their bad term had come to an end. But being intensely asked about Yoongi's late school life and even the skin products he used were more than enough to make him dizzy. Soomin gave him a pout and sad eyes as she closed her journal.

"That won't work this time. It's been the fourth time you've pulled that act. I'm done."

"I told you, he is useless." Jiwoo sipped her coffee casually as she dissed her brother carelessly, which earned her a smack on the head from Jimin.

In a second, a peaceful shop had turned into a wrestling arena for the Park siblings. Soomin, side by side with Minyoung, couldn't help but laugh out loud until their eyes started to tear up.

Unbeknownst to them, Yoongi was leaning on the doorstep with crossed arms, watching her laugh wholeheartedly with her friends. But then, Soomin tilted her head as she noticed him standing there. She smiled warmly and waved to him. He smiled. After all these years, he could finally sense something that people usually called happiness.

"Am I too late?" Yoongi asked as he observed the wild fight happening in front of his eyes.

"Nah, you just missed the foreplay. I gotta go, Hoseok Oppa asked me to buy some food. Bye, guys!" Soomin gulped as Minyoung winked at her and left the shop, giggling like a witch.

She fully regretted spilling everything that happened between Yoongi and her yesterday to her friends. Now, she was being accused of developing feelings for Yoongi, which of course she denied immediately.

"Tsk. Am I wrong for trying to get to know him better?"

"Him? Who?"

Soomin flinched as she felt a warm breath brush her cheek. "Yah! Mind your space!" Soomin pushed him a little while trying to stabilize her heartbeat.

What is wrong with me? She wondered as she realized that she was being overly dramatic towards him. Yoongi took a step back and looked at her with concern.

"Is it enough?" he said seriously.

Now, what is wrong with him and that scaredy-cat face? Am I that frightening? Soomin chuckled and grabbed her bag before pulling him out of the coffee shop by his hand. "Let's go home."

Yesterday, talking was indeed a huge leap for both of them, and it ended awkwardly when Mrs. Min suddenly entered Yoongi's room while they were hugging like Teletubbies. However, both of them knew that they had opened a new page in their lives - a new page waiting to be filled with a much better story.

"Wanna come over for dinner?" Soomin offered as they reached the Kim's house.

"Can I?"

"OF COURSE YOU CAN! COME IN!" A loud voice was heard from the doorstep, successfully making both of them jump in shock. It was Mrs. Kim. She was standing there with glistening eyes, while Mr. Kim peeked behind her, grinning widely like the one in some toothpaste commercial.

"Seriously, when will they act like actual parents?" Soomin mumbled.

"They are quite cool though," Yoongi whispered as he greeted them and made himself at home as if it were his own house.

The dinner was fine and fun until Mrs. Kim asked something that made Soomin choke on her food.

"Yoongi, how is your girlfriend?"

***

A/N:

Uhm, any comment? :p