14

"To understand the truth of everything, it took guts more than simply thinking"

-Toba Beta-

~~~~

Soomin

Another day has come, another dreamless night has passed, yet the uneasy feeling of mine still lingers on me. I have no idea how long I've spent my days in my room, doing nothing but crying. I don't want to do this; I hate seeing my mom and dad worry about me, but I can't pretend that I'm okay.

Aside from the thought that I am the one who should be blamed, having the picture of me treating Yoongi like trash in front of others who know the truth is such a hard slap for me. I feel like a moron.

I feel humiliated.

What is his intention in doing this? Why did he let me treat him like that? Why did he even ask my parents to keep quiet about the accident? Why?

Sigh. So many questions. I am fully aware that the answers to my questions can only be answered by the one and only Min Yoongi, but I don't want to see him. To be precise and to be honest, I don't know what to do or what to say if I meet him. I am afraid to face him.

"Soomin..."

I pull myself up from the bed to see my mom standing at the doorstep.

"Your friends are visiting. They are waiting downstairs. Do you want me to send them here, or do you want to meet them there?"

Minyoung and Jiwoo. I saw their messages last night, and I can tell that they are really worried about me. I feel guilty for not letting them know about my current state, but I need some time to calm myself down.

"Could you help me by telling them that I'm sleeping? I'm sure they will understand."

"Are you sure? They could be your listening ears, though."

"They definitely could, but not today." I'm so sorry, girls, but please give me some more time.

Sigh. "If that's what you want."

I give her a thank-you smile before she leaves my room. I take a glance at my dresser mirror and find a reflection of a very ugly creature on it: a pale-faced girl with dark circles under her puffy, reddish eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" I frown as I can't recognize my own face. I seriously need a nice, long bath, and yes, warm water never fails to improve my tense mood. Unexpectedly, I have no hesitation to step out of my room after putting on my comfortable clothes: a short and oversized t-shirt, perfect.

Sniff, sniff. Nice.

A strong scent of my favorite food hits my nostrils when I take a single step on the stairs. Without wasting any time, I speed up myself down to the dining room. Oh hell no! I turn my heels back to the stairs at the speed of light when I spot HIM helping my mom with the food preparation. Why, Min Yoongi, why? Can't you just disappear from my life?!

I do my best to avoid him, but I guess that's the worst decision I've made today. I sprained my own ankle when I tried to reach the stairs. Sweet mother of God.

"Aw..aw..aw"

I muffle my own voice with my palms as I endure the pain. I failed when both of them turn their heads in my direction. Oh God, do you hate me that much?

"Soomin!" My mom runs and grabs my already swollen ankle in panic, before placing a pack of ice on it. Of course, he wastes no time to scope me and bring me back to my nest along with the ice pack.

Sigh. I remain silent as he takes a seat next to my bed, staring at me with his signature judging look. I spare a glance to see him scanning me from head to toe and then frowning his bushy eyebrows. Do I look like a piece of shit?

"Wait here."

Wait here, he said? Yeah, as if I could run to the other side of the earth with this kind of ankle. Very clever, Yoongi.

It's been 10 minutes since he left me. I thought he was gone already, but God makes sure that I don't miss any torture he prepares for me today. He is back with a plate full of food in his right hand and a glass of water in his left hand, not to mention a carton of chocolate milk he placed in between his chin and his neck. Pffft.

"You look like a living corpse," he says while trying to shove the spoon into my mouth, which of course I reject by giving him the "I am not a baby" look. Who do you think I am? A five-year-old?!

"Don't give me that look, open your mouth."

Seriously, he sounds like my mom.

"Kim Soomin."

Now he sounds like my dad. Tch. Okay. Don't think that I'm afraid of him, it's just that the smell of the food he offers is too tempting.

"There you go."

Such a Granny material.

We stay in silence as he keeps feeding me with the food until both of us hear sniffling sounds from outside my room. I fix my sitting position and push Yoongi aside so that I can clearly avert my vision to the doorstep.

"Mom?" I call her as I try to confirm that it is her who is standing behind the wall. And there she is, popping her head out from her hiding spot with teary eyes and a running nose. Now what?

"I'm sorry, I'm just too happy." Then she sniffs one more time before she walks away, disappearing like a ghost. Unbelievable.

"Like mother like son," I look at him as he says those words while placing the empty plate on my study desk. "Here..." I take the milk from his hand and finish it up in one sip.

"Good girl." He takes the carton away and grabs the empty plate from the table as well.

"Are you leaving?" Wait, what are you doing, Soomin?

"Uh, yeah... need anything else?"

No, I don't need anything else. I want you to go away. I want you to get away from my sight. But why does a little part of me want you to stay?

"Spill it out." I snap out of my thoughts as I hear his words. He is now sitting back on the chair as he has already put away the plate and the milk carton. The way he's looking at me right now gives me nothing but the courage to talk.

"Why did you hide the truth from me? Why did you let me treat you so badly? A-and why did you act nice to me after all the things I've done to you?"

"Because you asked me to."

I give him a confused look because the one thing I always ask him to do is to leave me alone. And he never listens to that.

"You told me that I'm obligated to treasure you, don't you remember?"

¤¤¤