16

"I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise, it is almost like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than Him."

-C.S. Lewis-

~~~~

Soomin

My swollen ankle is slightly better as the ice pack became warmer. So I swing my legs off the bed and try to stand up by supporting myself with the chair placed next to my bed, where Yoongi previously sat. The pain is still there, but I encourage myself to walk down the stairs as I hear a faint chatter from the living room. The sun has already set, so I guess my dad has already come home from work. I think it's the right time to have a proper talk with my parents.

I slowly approach my parents, who are now sitting side by side in front of the TV, laughing at some random variety show.

"I'm sorry for being such a bad daughter to you," I want to say it out loud, but I can't. I can't even hold onto my own promise not to cry as I feel the warm tears roll down my cheeks.

"Honey?" My dad turns around, probably having heard my sobbing sounds. Before they say anything, I take a seat in an empty space on the couch.

"I'm sorry... for everything I did... I really am." Those are the only words I manage to say.

"Come here," my mom patted the space between her and my dad. Both of them do nothing but hug me tightly, which makes me spill more tears. My dad caresses my back as my mom fixes my messy hair.

"From now on, please live your life without any hatred and guilty feelings," my parents ask. I nod hesitantly because I am not sure I could do that.

God, how come you blessed me with these big-hearted parents? I even despised you because you took my brother away from us.

It's almost midnight. They tell me to take a rest, so I drag myself back to my room. But I'm not sleepy at all. The balcony seems fine to spend the night though. I stare at the closed window of Yoongi's room. I see no light. Well, what do you expect from Min Yoongi at this hour? He's probably sleeping like a baby right now. Sigh.

Ah, speak of the devil.

The window is open, and there he is, staring back at me. Normally, I would mouth some inappropriate word to him and go back to my room, but now I don't know what to do. Awkward. Thank God he breaks our staring contest and does something with his phone. But why do I feel ignored?

I feel buzzing from the pocket of my shorts where I put my phone.

Oh.

Incoming Call
Devil's Spawn

Accept || Decline

Hm?

How's your ankle?

Better

Good

---silent---

Bye

Already?

Yeah, why?

---silent---

N-nothing
Bye?

Ok Bye

Bye

---silent---

End the call

Me?

Yeah, you.
Min Yoongi
Who else?

Are you sure?
I did that once
and you ignored
my calls for a week

I did??

2nd grade
of highschool.
when I couldn't
find you after
school hour.

Oh

So end it now

---silent---

Want to talk
a little bit more?

Can we?

Why not?

Cool

Yah Jimin!
What are
you doing!

Huh? Jimin?

Wait a sec Soomin.
Yah go away
you midget!

Uhm. Ok.

---noisysound---

I'm back.
Sorry for that

It's ok.

Is that Jimin Oppa?

---silent---

Did you have
to call him Oppa?

Huh? Of course

He's older than me.
Just like Hoseok Oppa.

Then how
about me?

What?

Forget it

---silent---

I'm sleepy

Sigh. Ok.Bye

Bye..
Oppa..

Call ended

~~~

Soomin put her phone back and turned around without even sparing a glance at Yoongi, who was now frozen in his spot. He finally blinked his eyes when Jimin poked his cheek, asking what was wrong with him due to his sudden silence.

"Kim Soomin!" he shouted loudly from his room, hoping Soomin could hear his voice. And yes, she heard it. Clearly.

"See you tomorrow!"

Soomin flinched as she heard Yoongi's words. She said nothing but waved her hand in agreement to his statement, still with her back facing him.

Marching back to her room, she slammed the balcony door and dropped herself onto the bed.

"Fudge nugget, Kim Soomin! Are you out of your mind?!"

¤¤¤